Is propecia worth it?

bj10jgo

Reaction score
I had acne problems for numerous years and after spending numerous medications it finally cleared up Then I live happily ever after but then When I turn 28 years old notice that my hair was falling down and thought it was just normal shedding because you normally shed 50-100 hairs a day. It got to the point where i can see my bald spot and my hair was receding . I have been reading about propecia and been getting mixed reviews. So I understand its very expensive because I just bought 1 month supply and it cost me $75.00 dollars. I'm very scared to take it after hearing men grewing breast,excessive shedding ,sexual problems so is the pill really worth taking if you guys can give me your opinions I would truly appreciate it.

Jm0311

Reaction score
i have yet to take mine...but SUPPOSELY i say again SUPPOSELY the side effects are rare. but from what i read they are not

Hans Gruber

Reaction score
Jm0311 said:
i have yet to take mine...but SUPPOSELY i say again SUPPOSELY the side effects are rare. but from what i read they are not

sides are very rare!!! of course people who get them are going to post,and what with this being a hairloss board they will all congregate here!!!!

sides from finasteride are 2% and will go away after use...............

just because you get 100 people here complain about side effects doesnt mean anything.millions take propecia /proscar/fincar.......dont let a few peopel who have had sides scare you off a drug that could save your hair!!!

Hans Gruber

Reaction score
and also,$75 is indeed expensive,look into proscar or fincar,MUCH MUCH cheaper

Stu85

Established Member
Reaction score
And notice that despite the fact that people with Propecia problems are bound to congregate here, how few actually have serious side effects? There's lots of people who gave up after seeing some minor sides, but how many have had their life ruined by it? I haven't seen any, except for on sites like askapatient.com where just about anyone can spam it with anonymous comments - it's probably the same two disgruntled ex-propecia users that keep posting the same sh*t over and over.

Anyway as libertine said, for every 20 who claim to have bad side effects there's probably about a thousand who are just fine. We don't shout about it though - though sometimes I think we should!

bj10jgo

Reaction score
thanks for the all the advice guys but has it work for any of you guys taking propecia.

dietcola

Experienced Member
Reaction score
yeah man its worked on tons of ppl, i've been using it for 3 months and i think im shedding less. could be the minoxidil but finasteride could be helping too.

tchehov

Experienced Member
Reaction score
It really is worth it.

I've been on Fincar for four months, no noticeable sides at all, and I'm regrowing. What a feeling to get my hair back, get my back, get my life back... a second chance really.

ANother couple of months and I hope to put this bad dream behind me.

Jojje

Experienced Member
Reaction score
its works for me.. and my hair is important to me.. so yes, for me it is realy worth it. Its up to you how much youre hair is worth to you.

And many of theese people on sides..are alsow on Anti depresents.... thats alsow strange isnt it :D

And many stopps after 1 shed ..in like 3 months and complain about finasteride made me loose my hair... and so on.
Go on it for 1 year. get results.
And dont lissen to the wankers out there :D

abcdefg

Reaction score
Those sides do exist. Its a drug and drugs carry risk. DHT is important and does a lot more then make our hair fall out although science says it does contribute. Odds are in your favor of no sides or them going away with time, but its certainly possible something weird could happen or not go away. It really as lots of choices do in life comes down to are you feeling lucky? If you gamble a lot then try propecia the odds are good.

juststarting

Established Member
Reaction score
Sides do exist, but remember PREVALENCE is low!
People only complain on message boards when they have problems, not when everything is fine.

I have been on this stuff for 2 years. Not ONE single reaction.

UK1

Experienced Member
Reaction score
It is totally worth it, I was amazed at the way I responded to it, within a couple of weeks my hairloss went from being at a very aggresive stage to just stopping, for over 2 months I couldn't even pull a hair out if I tried. I then started minoxidil and began shedding severely but that's another story, basically.. despite mild sides, my experiences with finasteride have been great so far.