Is Propecia split evenly to cut?

Reaction score
Hi, I want to buy the true brand Propecia and take 0.5 MG a day, so I'd have to cut each tablet in half, it says on the pack to leave any unused tablets sealed? So if I was to unseal a 1MG and then cut it in half, would the other half be damaged or something and not work idk? Also, are these tablets split evenly, meaning, if i cut the tablet in half will they be exactly the same? Or do different parts of the tablet contain different amounts of finasteride?

- - - Updated - - -

Hi, I want to buy the true brand Propecia and take 0.5 MG a day, so I'd have to cut each tablet in half, it says on the pack to leave any unused tablets sealed? So if I was to unseal a 1MG and then cut it in half, would the other half be damaged or something and not work idk? Also, are these tablets split evenly, meaning, if i cut the tablet in half will they be exactly the same? Or do different parts of the tablet contain different amounts of finasteride?

bump

person22

Reaction score
Hi matE, I'm from the UK too, did you get yours from boots ? I don't really come on here anymore but I saw your topic and felt I should reply, I cut my pills up, for a year I took only a quarter but recently I've upped it to a half (still no side affects), I bought a pill cutter from eBay and it splits the pills fairly evenly but it's not an exact science, I can't answer your questions but I suspect it doesn't matter if they're split or not the exact size, certainly hasn't done me any harm , good luck !