Is Propecia right to start my treatment?

shadowless

Reaction score
Hello, I'm 24 years old and during last few years have started taking notice of my receeding hairline problem along with lower denstiy frontal hair.

From these boards I found out the big 3 combo people suggested of propecia/rogaine/nizoral.

I picked up the nizoral today and wanted to find out if I should also start taking propecia. I don't have any hairloss problem on back or the crown just the frontal area.

I'm reluctant to start rogaine after hearing possibilites of loosing more hair before gaining any..

So is propecia the right next step for me? Or will it not help with my frontal problem? Or should I start propecia/rogaine together righat away?

Thanks for the help.

Pondle

Reaction score
Propecia works for all scalp hair, but the best regrowth results are usually noted at the crown. It is definitely the mainstay of any regime, because DHT inhibitor drugs like Propecia are the only things capable of halting the underlying balding process, as opposed to just providing a temporary growth fillip.

abcdefg

Reaction score
There a few questions to answer.
1. Do you have any history of male pattern baldness in your family?
2. What norwood or how bad is your hair loss? pictures or something to show us and for your record of your progress is a good idea too.