Is Nizoral crucial to see finasteride full effectiveness?

TravisB

Established Member
Reaction score
I have read few times people saying that they took finasteride for months, but only when they started to use Nizoral the things kicked in, so I'm wondering if I should add Nizoral?

IrishFella

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I believe in the official Propecia studies the men were told to use an anti-fungal "esque" shampoo concurrently whilst on trials. IMO, it's anecdotal, some people think it's ****e, whilst others think it helps quite a bit, like myself.

No harm in trying it.

Baldie101

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm using it...it makes my scalp quite dry. Still I have to since I got big dandruff flakes...

If you don't got dry skin I would say try it, if it works "yay" you get more hair, if not then you can just stop using it.

talmoode

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I don't think its esseintial but as IrishFella has already said, no harm in trying once or twice a week. I used to use it every other day but now am barely using it, maybe a couple of times a month as I think its too harsh to my sensitive scalp.

Jrthomas85

Reaction score
I would also add that for some, including myself, nizoral gives the hair a good consistency. It seems to add body to my hair. This is why I use it, and also for its supposed hair loss benefits.

IDW2BB

Established Member
Reaction score
Damn thing is.....Nizoral 1% isn't available. I also just tried to check out Nizoral.com.....no longer works.:lost:

psyhotria

Banned
Reaction score
Damn thing is.....Nizoral 1% isn't available. I also just tried to check out Nizoral.com.....no longer works.:lost:
Well, you lucky because piroctone olamine happens to work even better than ketoconazole regards increasing hair shaft diameter and also reducing hair loss..