Is Nizoral 1% good enough?

Robert25

Reaction score
Just picked up a bottle at Walmart, didn't even realize until now that there is a 2% version. Is this 1% bottle I got worth using?

rob

RecedingBoy

Established Member
Reaction score
yes. i use it to. 2% requires a prescription. not worth it imho.

studies have shown slight improvements with 2%, but probably not anything realistically noticeable.

Balding

Reaction score
I picked up a prescription for the 2% while at the doctor yesterday. Can buy it at the hospital's pharmacy for $10 (4oz). I also have the 1% 7oz size, believe it is about $14 at WalMart.

Used the 2% last night, think I will alternate between the two.
PICT0003.JPG.jpg

stevieb

Reaction score
hey fellas....quick question regarding nizoral!!!

I am currently using nizoral 1% in my battle against hairloss...i find it tolerable to use on a daily basis...would there be any benefits if i continue to use it on a daily basis? or am i just wasting money and shampoo?

thanks in advance!!!

gonna_win

Experienced Member
Reaction score
If your going to use nizoral. Talk with a doctor about using it, there is a possibility of health problems with using it too much. Get some expert advice and report back on your findings.

gonna_win

Experienced Member
Reaction score
As for 1% vs 2% just use the 1% until your done then get 2% next time.

stevieb

Reaction score
gonna win...thanks for the quick response!!!

mikey21

Reaction score
stevieb- did you talk to a Dr. about using Nizoral every day, or at least more than 3 times per week? I'm curious as to what they'd say about it...please let me know if you talk to someone....thanks
mikey

stevieb

Reaction score
hey mikey..i have an appointment with my dermatologist on march 8th, i will definitely ask her about using the 1% nizoral on a daily basis.

i try to use it 3 to 4 times a week and i do find it tolerable to use on a daily basis..but i am going to play if safe for now and use the recommended amount!!!!

stoneecld

Reaction score
Dr. Lee's site says that recent studies have shown that the 1% is just about as good as 2% for effect--difference in benefits is negligible. I use 1%, and I like it , I have been usin it daily and think I will continue(mixed with Vive)

itsjustaphase

Reaction score
I was using 1% for a while which smelled great and made me hair look much better. I then switched to 2% which made my hair much drier and just particularly crappy looking. Now I'm back on 1% and things are looking much better.

I would recommend you try both and see which works better for you.