is needling worth it?

flamingpie

Established Member
Reaction score
For all the guys that have been using skin needling in their regime, is it worth it in the end? Or is it gonna become a waste of time, money and pain?
How have your results improved since adding it?

joseph49853

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I’d say yes, needling/wounding is worth it. I personally only attempted it out of desperation. You may have a different motivation entirely.

Just don’t expect to experience amazing results without topicals. You may will grow some new vellus, but without the right topicals they may never go terminal… at least, this has been my experience. Otherwise a .05mm dermaroller might be a good start for a beginner. The pain is actually quite bearable at this length.

joseph49853

Experienced Member
Reaction score
billythekid said:
which topicals would you suggest a beginner begin with?

Depends. For me, these topicals have demonstrated degrees of effectiveness. In no particular order: retin-a, zinc, capsacin, curcumin, soy isoflavone, iodine, manganese, apple poly, grape seed extract, msm, lithium orotate, astaxanthin, quercetin, niacin, biotin, methylcobalamin, pantothenic acid, green and black tea extract, tocotrienols, sodium ascorbate, melatonin, forskolin, cholecalciferol, caffeine, potassium chloride, ursolic acid and lignan sources, licorice, SOD, silica, glutathoine, arginine, carnosine, taurine ... plenty of oils, like borage, clove, peppermint, palm, rosemary, lavender, cedarwood, magnesium etc.

joseph49853

Experienced Member
Reaction score
monty1978 said:
joseph for all the things you have tried I am astonished you haven't tried fluridil!?

I really am blown away by it.

Glad to hear you found something that works for you Monty. :woot:

I considered trying fluridil, what stopped me was the overall beneficiality. I'd rather use a topical that is condusive towards more than just hairloss, but general health. Also the idea of messing with receptors scares me enough to stay away.