is my temple loss visible when styled?

zeroheat

Established Member
Reaction score
I've been noticing a temple loss for about an yr and it's only been about 2 weeks since I started Prosca/Nizoral regimen (no minoxidil yet). The loss is very visible when I'm fresh out of the shower - but I'm not sure if it's visible or not when I try to cover it up using hairwax + spray. Can you please look at my pictures below and comment if you can notice the hair loss? Thanks

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    11.3 KB · Views: 2,771
  • untitled3.JPG
    untitled3.JPG
    11.7 KB · Views: 2,760
  • untitled4.JPG
    untitled4.JPG
    22.6 KB · Views: 271

cuebald

Reaction score
norwood 1

somone uk

Experienced Member
Reaction score
your hair seems fine, though saying that people usually lose 50% of their hair before noticing it,
you might be maturing, i mean most nw1 children have about 1000 hair a square centimetre whereas a nw1 adult has about 600
you might just be moving to a Norwood 2 saying that which is nothing to worry about though if you have a family history maybe just keep an eye on it at least and take a reduced amount of propecia at most

zeroheat

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure I'm Norwood 2.5+. It's pretty bad when I don't apply hair wax.
I'm very happy that you guys can't notice it though.. hopefully this Proscar thing kicks in asap.

beaner

Reaction score
zeroheat said:
I'm very happy that you guys can't notice it though.. hopefully this Proscar thing kicks in asap.

You are not a Norwood 2.5. It appears that you barely have a forehead. I think you're playing games with us or are super paranoid.

Post a better pic of this "Norwood 2.5" please.

zeroheat

Established Member
Reaction score
beaner said:
zeroheat said:

You are not a Norwood 2.5. It appears that you barely have a forehead. I think you're playing games with us or are super paranoid.

Post a better pic of this "Norwood 2.5" please.
here.. I do have a huge forehead + temple loss

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    19.1 KB · Views: 2,501

beaner

Reaction score
:shock: :shock:

You certainly do hide it well.

I agree that you are a Norwood 2.5.

zeroheat

Established Member
Reaction score
lol yeap, my grandfather was bald, my father is NW3+, and my mother's side has some history as well. I'm hoping finasteride/nizoral helps me stop it right here so I can get a minor hair transplant when I'm in my mid 30's or something (I'm 25). I must say that I did enjoy all the replies, I'm very glad that it's not noticeable.

thetodd

Established Member
Reaction score
Since you are young and still have a lot of thick hair, I'd say your chances of getting decent results from a combination of finasteride, rogaine, and nizoral are pretty good.

BodyDysmorphic

Reaction score
i'de say if you maintain pretty well on treatments

you will be a great candidate for a small corrective hair transplant down the road

you do hide those temples very well
they way you style your hair
creates no visible hair loss

zeroheat

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the comments.. small transplant down the road is what I'm aiming for. Maybe I'll get a very good result from big 3 so I can avoid hair transplant altogether.

zeroheat

Established Member
Reaction score
I always use Gatsby hairwax.. this thing is just awesome. As for the spray, I just use any random maximum hold spray.

Nene

Reaction score
Wow. That is pretty amazing. I think I might have more hair but I've been buzzing it for a while. I was considering growing out my hair for a while but after seeing this I will for sure.

psywzrd

Established Member
Reaction score
zeroheat said:
I always use Gatsby hairwax.. this thing is just awesome. As for the spray, I just use any random maximum hold spray.

Which specific Gatsby product? There are so many and I've tried several of them.

zeroheat

Established Member
Reaction score
psywzrd said:
zeroheat said:

Which specific Gatsby product? There are so many and I've tried several of them.
I'll get back to you after the new year.. I'm home for Christmas season and didn't bring my hair wax with me. It looks like this: http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_a981YK4OAfQ/S ... y_clay.jpg but without the red letters.