Is My Proscar the Real Deal? (Pics)

Subliminal

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey all. I couldn't find a thread with any pics of real Proscar to compare. These are pics of the package I got from Inhouse pharmacy. I've been getting decent temple regrowth with a liquid finasteride from cemproducts.com after almost 4 months now, but I'll be mixing in this Merck Proscar now too on alternating days.

I'm on a hunt for a good pill cutter now. Will these tabs be easy to cut into 1/5s?

Thanks for looking.

proscarfront9gb.jpg

proscarback0in.jpg

Bert

Established Member
Reaction score
That's the UK packaging says: "MSD Hertfordshire, UK" on the back. A lot of people use Inhouse myself included can't say I've ever had any problems with legitimacy.

Zé Pedro

Reaction score
In the back of the box it says: "usual dosage: 1 tablet a day"....i tought you had to cut the pill in to 4's or 5's and it was taken just once a day...or am i mistaken?

rawbd

Reaction score
Zé Pedro said:
In the back of the box it says: "usual dosage: 1 tablet a day"....i tought you had to cut the pill in to 4's or 5's and it was taken just once a day...or am i mistaken?

That is because Proscar is 5 mg of finasteride used to treat prostate problems. Propecia is 1 mg of finasteride so that is why Proscar needs to be cut into 4ths or 5ths.

Subliminal

Established Member
Reaction score
87david said:
Hey all. I couldn't find a thread with any pics of real Proscar to compare.

Hope this helps. See the following thread: http://www.hairlosstalk.com/discussions ... hp?t=26419

and here's some pictures I took a few weeks ago comparing legit and fake Proscar:
http://www.villagephotos.com/pubbrowse. ... id=1673462

The written comparison didn't seem clear to me, even the part about the expiration date. The only thing I know is the lettering on the blue pills are pretty clean and sharp, like what you show in your pics.

So what do you think?

87david

Established Member
Reaction score
Subliminal,

Yeah, the thread primarily addresses the Proscar sent from Hong Kong, so that doesn't really help you out per se. But, do you have legit Proscar to compare with the Proscar in question? If you do, it's probably pretty easy to tell the legit from the fake. As you can see in the pictures I took, the primary difference is the sharpness of the lettering stamped on the pill; the difference is more dramatic in person. If the lettering on yours is sharp, I would be pretty confident that it is legitimate.