Is my hairline receding?

Ollie339

My Regimen
Reaction score
My hairline has always been sort of receded/mature as my friends would say my hairline was receding when I was as young as 13. I have no family history of male pattern baldness but my dads hairline did seem to recede a bit at a young age but he still has a good full head of hair today. My hairline has looked like this for quite some time so not to sure what to think. Besides my hairline I have a very solid head of hair. The first pic is taken as a normal selfie while the second is taken at a down angle to really show it at its worst view. Both pictures my hair is slicked back.

Attachments

• D22CD7C6-2A90-4390-94D6-EF03226C59B8.png
    D22CD7C6-2A90-4390-94D6-EF03226C59B8.png
    592.2 KB · Views: 256
  • 7AEEAA0F-4FA7-4383-8D51-BA7629E397BC.png
    7AEEAA0F-4FA7-4383-8D51-BA7629E397BC.png
    478.5 KB · Views: 256

Ollie339

My Regimen
Reaction score
Sorry the first pic is at a very bad down angle and I forgot to mention that I’m 18

Diffused_confidence

My Regimen
Reaction score
Your hairline is similar to mine. I'm on finasteride trying to stop it. It looks like norwood 2.5. Finasteride might save or reverse the thinning temple areas to avoid norwood 3. Norwood 3 is when balding is noticed by women and they stop talking to you.

Ollie339

My Regimen
Reaction score
Your hairline is similar to mine. I'm on finasteride trying to stop it. It looks like norwood 2.5. Finasteride might save or reverse the thinning temple areas to avoid norwood 3. Norwood 3 is when balding is noticed by women and they stop talking to you.
Yeah I’m taking rogaine right now and I feel as if I’m been seeing slight results. Are you sure I’m a 2.5 though I definitely feel like it’s closer to a 2?

Notdifferent

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You're straight up stupid. Yeah if you have NW2 you're swimming in pussy but once you hit NW3 it's over, no exceptions too.

Diffused_confidence

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah I’m taking rogaine right now and I feel as if I’m been seeing slight results. Are you sure I’m a 2.5 though I definitely feel like it’s closer to a 2?
Rogaine isn't going to handle the underlying problem, dht. Rogaine is a growth stimulant but eventually the derma papilla gets wrecked by dht and can no longer grow hair even with rogaine.

I say 2.5 because I consider a nw2 to be a mature hairline and that first picture the hairline is very V-shaped but not recessed too far. Maybe more like nw2.25 because I think you are slightly better off than me. I did post my photos here (not good quality)

Ollie339

My Regimen
Reaction score
Rogaine isn't going to handle the underlying problem, dht. Rogaine is a growth stimulant but eventually the derma papilla gets wrecked by dht and can no longer grow hair even with rogaine.

I say 2.5 because I consider a nw2 to be a mature hairline and that first picture the hairline is very V-shaped but not recessed too far. Maybe more like nw2.25 because I think you are slightly better off than me. I did post my photos here (not good quality)
Yeah it’s weird I’m not denying that my hairline is messed up but I have a feeling that it probably is just going to end up recessed like my dads

Diffused_confidence

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah it’s weird I’m not denying that my hairline is messed up but I have a feeling that it probably is just going to end up recessed like my dads
Oh so you don't have severe balding in your family? In that case just stick with minoxidil and get a hair transplant to fix hairline later.