Is My Hair Thinning? (pictures Inside)

FinePhotograph

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey all,

I made a post about my hairline a couple weeks back. I'm norwood 2, 20, male and taking finasteride to treat it. I was just messing with my hair in the bathroom (combing it around with my hand) and then the attached happened.
I have oily fine hair my whole life and am wondering if this is this is thinning. I also have another picture of my hair from the top, taken in harsh lighting, and pics of my hairline.

Attachments

• hair.jpg
    hair.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 219
  • hair2.jpg
    hair2.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 229

CrownBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes, I’d say your hair is thinning. It looks great when styled, and it’s not thinning badly. But it seems you may be a diffuser, it’s hard to catch when your hair is longer but if you are thinning you caught it early!

What does your hairline look like?

FinePhotograph

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes, I’d say your hair is thinning. It looks great when styled, and it’s not thinning badly. But it seems you may be a diffuser, it’s hard to catch when your hair is longer but if you are thinning you caught it early!

What does your hairline look like?

You can find my hairline here. f*** this is upsetting. One after another. I thought it was just my fine, no shampoo hair :(

https://www.hairlosstalk.com/intera...-looking-for-some-advice.115894/#post-1695433

CrownBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
Personally, it seems to be thinning to me. But I could be wrong, but since you are also receding a bit, I’d go with the former.

Your hair is still great and if you were to get on finasteride you can probably keep it the same for a very long time

FinePhotograph

My Regimen
Reaction score
Personally, it seems to be thinning to me. But I could be wrong, but since you are also receding a bit, I’d go with the former.

Your hair is still great and if you were to get on finasteride you can probably keep it the same for a very long time

thanks for being honest. I'm currently on finasteride.

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
I took it for 3 weeks, had to stop for 2. Have started on again yesterday. Any reason you're asking?

Just to gauge if it's helping maintain or regrow your hair, but you haven't been on it long at all. Just continue taking it for a year and document with photos your progress every couple of months. If it doesn't maintain your hair switch to dutasteride, if it maintains your hair but no regrowth add minoxidil, if you are a lucky responder to it you might get maintenance plus some regrowth. best of luck.