Is my hair thinning? 32 year old

Will Be an Egg in 5 years

My Regimen
Reaction score
I does look like diffuse thinning at the front, but the most important is: does it FEEL thinner? Do you notice any change in texture, thickness and/or density? Because it's the way it starts

N003

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What do you guys think? I'm quite scared, so would really appreciate your opinions. I had some styling product in my hair which makes it lump together a bit, so if better pictures are needed let me know. Thanks!
No. You just have naturally thin hair. But you do not have genetic hair loss.

Chill dude

Established Member
Reaction score
I just had a haircut (after a long time) so it's quite a bit shorter than it was before. I'm wondering if my hair is normal or if it is thinning? (especially at the front and back?)

What do you guys think? I'm quite scared, so would really appreciate your opinions. I had some styling product in my hair which makes it lump together a bit, so if better pictures are needed let me know. Thanks!

View attachment 171678

View attachment 171675View attachment 171676
View attachment 171681
View attachment 171682
View attachment 171677View attachment 171679

View attachment 171674
Yep thinning at the hairline and all over, great mane of hair for 30s but if you leave it your hair will continue thinning.

Chill dude

Established Member
Reaction score
I just had a haircut (after a long time) so it's quite a bit shorter than it was before. I'm wondering if my hair is normal or if it is thinning? (especially at the front and back?)

View attachment 171678

View attachment 171675View attachment 171676
View attachment 171681
View attachment 171682
View attachment 171677View attachment 171679

View attachment 171674
Your hair type is similar to Josh Hartnett

ra12

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yep thinning at the hairline and all over, great mane of hair for 30s but if you leave it your hair will continue thinning.
I'm getting very confused, like 70% of the people here say everything is fine, the other 30% says it's definitely thinning. You're even saying I have thinning all over. I'm very confused now. What should I do?
Your hair type is similar to Josh Hartnett
What does that mean? He still has all his hair?

Last edited:

Chill dude

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm getting very confused, like 70% of the people here say everything is fine, the other 30% says it's definitely thinning. You're even saying I have thinning all over. I'm very confused now. What should I do?

What does that mean? He still has all his hair?
Some people on here think they know everything and they give really bad bad advice. Listen mate your hair is thinning at the hairline and all over. When you slicked it back you can see scalp - clear thinning. This is a hard pill to swallow but you yourself came onto this site and posted photos. You must’ve had an inkling that your hair had changed? Don’t worry, you still have a full head of hair and only miniaturisation (thinning) and no recession - similar to actor Josh Hartnett. If you start Avodart now you will keep all your hair at the hairline, and also regrow the miniaturised hair on the scalp. Best advice you’re gonna get…
If you leave things you will be noticeably balding by 36-37.

ra12

My Regimen
Reaction score
Some people on here think they know everything and they give really bad bad advice. Listen mate your hair is thinning at the hairline and all over. When you slicked it back you can see scalp - clear thinning. This is a hard pill to swallow but you yourself came onto this site and posted photos. You must’ve had an inkling that your hair had changed? Don’t worry, you still have a full head of hair and only miniaturisation (thinning) and no recession - similar to actor Josh Hartnett. If you start Avodart now you will keep all your hair at the hairline, and also regrow the miniaturised hair on the scalp. Best advice you’re gonna get…
If you leave things you will be noticeably balding by 36-37.
Thanks, you mean this picture btw? https://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/attachments/screenshot-2021-10-27-at-10-47-57-png.171709

Reason I posted was because I thought at the front my hair was thinner (after I had a haircut), but not 100% sure. It actually looks somewhat similar to pictures from 3+ years ago. I usually once a year go through a hair scare like this and post pics on reddit, but maybe you are right and this time for real something is up. :)

Chill dude

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks, you mean this picture btw? https://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/attachments/screenshot-2021-10-27-at-10-47-57-png.171709

Reason I posted was because I thought at the front my hair was thinner (after I had a haircut), but not 100% sure. It actually looks somewhat similar to pictures from 3+ years ago. I usually once a year go through a hair scare like this and post pics on reddit, but maybe you are right and this time for real something is up. :)
100% you are going through hair loss, but some men’s hair loss is aggressive and they recede at 18. Other men gradually thin out like you over time through the years, and when you’re 38 you’ll look in the mirror and think ‘who’s the Fs that!?’ The reason you’ve been having hair scares is because your hairline has been changing, ever so slightly. And because you are perceptive you did pick up on it, however you rallied against your better instincts (maybe bad advice?) and convinced yourself you were being paranoid. Now is the perfect time to rectify this problem, before any hairline recession and crown balding. Good luck my friend

ra12

My Regimen
Reaction score
100% you are going through hair loss, but some men’s hair loss is aggressive and they recede at 18. Other men gradually thin out like you over time through the years, and when you’re 38 you’ll look in the mirror and think ‘who’s the Fs that!?’ The reason you’ve been having hair scares is because your hairline has been changing, ever so slightly. And because you are perceptive you did pick up on it, however you rallied against your better instincts (maybe bad advice?) and convinced yourself you were being paranoid. Now is the perfect time to rectify this problem, before any hairline recession and crown balding. Good luck my friend
Thanks again! Could you let me know what you think of these pictures from a while ago? (not pushing my hand down and lower quality pic)

Last edited:

Chill dude

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks again! Could you let me know what you think of these pictures from a while ago? (not pushing my hand down and lower quality pic)
View attachment 171943View attachment 171944
Lovely hair, but again your hairline is disappearing especially at the right centre part of your windows peak. The reason I’ve bothered to give sick long winded responses to this, is because you still have great hair worth saving at 32. Usually it’s like a 24 year old who is a Norwood 4.5 and they’ll say something like “is it too late to save??” I won’t reply…

Chill dude

Established Member
Reaction score
Lovely hair, but again your hairline is disappearing especially at the right centre part of your windows peak. The reason I’ve bothered to give sick long winded responses to this, is because you still have great hair worth saving at 32. Usually it’s like a 24 year old who is a Norwood 4.5 and they’ll say something like “is it too late to save??” I won’t reply…
View attachment 171943View attachment 171944
Your hairline is actually similar to mine l have the same thinning on the right side. Dutasteride has maintained this for the last 2 years.

Attachments

• 5CDA8D3B-AED3-448D-96E9-C223CC819D76.jpeg
    5CDA8D3B-AED3-448D-96E9-C223CC819D76.jpeg
    109.8 KB · Views: 68
  • 15C10CFA-6ADE-4792-B908-62784AA24D62.jpeg
    15C10CFA-6ADE-4792-B908-62784AA24D62.jpeg
    108.4 KB · Views: 77
  • E26C8316-A009-42C6-AD98-E0FF1692B6EE.jpeg
    E26C8316-A009-42C6-AD98-E0FF1692B6EE.jpeg
    100.1 KB · Views: 71
  • F0EF169E-E358-4C27-B5C5-2B9D23D7A986.jpeg
    F0EF169E-E358-4C27-B5C5-2B9D23D7A986.jpeg
    98.1 KB · Views: 70

ra12

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks! The top picture is from 2 years ago, and the last picture (outside one) is from 3,5 years ago, so would that mean the loss is very slow? I will look into medicine I can use, but I'm also reading about side effects..