Is my crown thinning?

whatsgoingon

Reaction score
I am concerned that my crown is thinning or is it just a whirl? I am currently about a nw2 on my hairline, but this is really bugging me (I know I am greying haha), I am 20. No male pattern baldness in the family that I know of. Here is a picture. Cheers in advance.

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 4,059

whatsgoingon

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice. Was just a bit concerned as I went to a hair loss clinic (a consultant I believe not an actual doctor), and was told I had male pattern baldness, but wasn't sure if they were trying to sell me there treatments. I have also suffered from really bad acne problems, and want to get onto of this, if it is in fact a problem. I've attached a couple of photos of my hairline as well (I do think this is a thinner with lots of hairs in front of the hairline). Would it be a nw2. sorry some of the pics are not that great.
photo 1.jpgphoto 2.jpgphoto 3.jpgphoto 4.jpg
photo 6.jpgphoto5.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Any opinions about my hairline?

Jkay

Reaction score
Looks normal to me to be honest. Regarding finasteride, i wouldn't even bother with that ever. Does more harm than good in the long run.

zzzzz

My Regimen
Reaction score
your hairline is thinning and those are miniaturizing hairs at the very front would start taking finasteride 1mg or 1.25mg daily. I don't know what these guys are saying there is clear evidence that your recession is continuing in those pics.

Don't listen to that guy who says never take finasteride. It is very safe

Cincinnati Kid

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice. Was just a bit concerned as I went to a hair loss clinic (a consultant I believe not an actual doctor), and was told I had male pattern baldness, but wasn't sure if they were trying to sell me there treatments. I have also suffered from really bad acne problems, and want to get onto of this, if it is in fact a problem. I've attached a couple of photos of my hairline as well (I do think this is a thinner with lots of hairs in front of the hairline). Would it be a nw2. sorry some of the pics are not that great.
View attachment 24194View attachment 24195View attachment 24196View attachment 24197
View attachment 24212View attachment 24213

- - - Updated - - -

Any opinions about my hairline?
You look like a pretty standard Norwood 2 mature hairline, dude. Your crown is fine, and your temples have moved inward a bit from when you were a child. Few people are like David Schwimmer, Joe Manganiello, or Jake Gyllenhaal where they stay NW1 well into their 30s and 40s. I don't see how anyone can tell you that you have miniaturized hairs in the front just by looking at a picture. Thinning hair in the front is often more difficult to pick up at the hairline than at the crown. For peace of mind my friend, go to a dermatologist. It's worth the money if you're not insured. If you go there and they don't pick up any miniaturization with all their gadgets, then you're fine for now and you can have some peace of mind. However, If you are thinning, you have learned so at an early stage, and have a good shot at maintaining and thickening what you have for quite some time.

whatsgoingon

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice, its much appreciated. I have decided to speak to a dermatologist, if I do have an issue I will most likely use topics for a bit to try and buy some time. I really don't like the idea of finasteride to be honest. I'll see how I go 6 months from now and reassess the situation. Just find it difficult to understand as it is not in my family.