Is My Crown Thinning Or Is This Normal

harry1234

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello,

I noticed the other day that I could see the crown of my head if my hair is parted against my cowlick on my crown. I would like some advice on how this looks. I have always had this cowlick so Im not concerned about that. My concern is to the right of the cowlick more in the center of my head.

Some pictures

Attachments

• pfA0u3p.jpg
    pfA0u3p.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 340
  • y8SIpMA.jpg
    y8SIpMA.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 318
  • UCbRSt1.jpg
    UCbRSt1.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 312
  • oXRMzZC.jpg
    oXRMzZC.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 324

harry1234

My Regimen
Reaction score
Its a little hard to tell with my color hair but I haven't noticed any more than usual. Is it pretty noticeable?

harry1234

My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you think it is worth talking to someone now or wait and see how it progresses? When my hair parts weirdly in the back it looks like its balding hardcore but I figure thats just because its going against its natural flow

harry1234

My Regimen
Reaction score
Im worried about cutting it and it showing more without the extra hair :( Thanks for the info though.

Anyone else have any more insight?

CrownBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
To be honest I’d get on finasteride. I wish I had noticed my hair loss at your stage before I was losing tons of hair already. If you’re not losing a bunch of hair yet and get on now you can maintain what you have for a while!

harry1234

My Regimen
Reaction score
I definitely dont want to get on any medication that I dont have to. The response I have been secretly waiting for is im fine and overreacting. I dont think I am though but am a very anxious person to begin with. My family and fiance all think that it has looked that way since I was young. Sadly I couldnt find any old pictures of the back of my head :p

CrownBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
I definitely dont want to get on any medication that I dont have to. The response I have been secretly waiting for is im fine and overreacting. I dont think I am though but am a very anxious person to begin with. My family and fiance all think that it has looked that way since I was young. Sadly I couldnt find any old pictures of the back of my head :p
Well I didn’t realize how much hair I was losing before starting finasteride, I thought it was all of my moms hair in the bathroom because she’s been thinning pretty badly. Hopped on finasteride when I was a bit thinner than you in the crown. Now my hair after not even two months has plummeted. My hair is extremely thin everywhere and I’m not sure if it was due to finasteride or my mbp just started ramping up before I started.

My regret is not starting finasteride when I wasn’t already shedding 50+ hairs a shower. Now I don’t think finasteride can slow this down and I’m looking into the hair system route unfortunately.

I’m not trying to scare you but I’m being real, you are a bit thin. It’s not noticeable to anyone but if you refuse to take meds it’s going to get worse. Pay attention to how many hairs you lose, take photos of your wet hair and compare it in a month.

How old are you?

CrownBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
I’m almost 22 and my hair is a lot worse shape than yours, I’d get on the meds man

CrownBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
No not at all, except my hair still falling out

alekgn

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hard to say whether that's a cowlick or crown thinning. Could you post wet pics, with an aerial view of your scalp?

harry1234

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hard to say whether that's a cowlick or crown thinning. Could you post wet pics, with an aerial view of your scalp?
I have always had a cowlick/swirl on my head since I was a baby. Im about to jump into the shower. Will post one

CrownBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hair looks good man, maybe a bit thin but good. I’d hop on finasteride now to hold onto everything you have.

alekgn

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'd just watch it. If your crown begins to look worse it begins to feel thinner, then jump on finasteride.