Is my crown thinning? Need advice on how to proceed

eragon

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey guys!

I wanted to share some pictures with you to get your opinion whether my crown started thinning or not.
Right now I would classify myself as a Norwood 2.5 at the front but that doesn't bother me too much since I found a haircut that looks good and I've always struggled with a large forhead so it does not bother me.

Under normal lighting no one would suspect I'm thinning at the crown (just looks like a little cowlick) but taking pictures under harsh lighting conditions and with certain hair directions left me a bit paranoid. So I wonder whether I'm just dealing with a cowlick or if there is some thinning going on at one particular spot.
First picture- after shower with lightning and in a dark room.
Second picture - Sunny day, hair parted to show the "worrisome"/cowlick part
Third picture - Normal lighting, just general overview of the back of my head

Depending on whether my crown is thinning or not I will think about adding something to my regimen to buy some years and/or go for shorter haircuts.

Attachments

• Crown Wet Hair + Lightning.JPG
    Crown Wet Hair + Lightning.JPG
    188.8 KB · Views: 184
  • Crown in Sun.JPG
    Crown in Sun.JPG
    175 KB · Views: 185
  • Donor + Hair overview.JPG
    Donor + Hair overview.JPG
    123.3 KB · Views: 178

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey guys!

I wanted to share some pictures with you to get your opinion whether my crown started thinning or not.
Right now I would classify myself as a Norwood 2.5 at the front but that doesn't bother me too much since I found a haircut that looks good and I've always struggled with a large forhead so it does not bother me.

Under normal lighting no one would suspect I'm thinning at the crown (just looks like a little cowlick) but taking pictures under harsh lighting conditions and with certain hair directions left me a bit paranoid. So I wonder whether I'm just dealing with a cowlick or if there is some thinning going on at one particular spot.
First picture- after shower with lightning and in a dark room.
Second picture - Sunny day, hair parted to show the "worrisome"/cowlick part
Third picture - Normal lighting, just general overview of the back of my head

Depending on whether my crown is thinning or not I will think about adding something to my regimen to buy some years and/or go for shorter haircuts.
What is your regimen? I would add finasteride now even if you aren't balding because you are at the very least, worrying about balding and why worry? This guy had a perfect head of hair.

1629508682464.png

eragon

My Regimen
Reaction score
What is your regimen? I would add finasteride now even if you aren't balding because you are at the very least, worrying about balding and why worry? This guy had a perfect head of hair.

View attachment 167829

I see your point about not worrying about balding! However, Finasteride seems like a last resort kind of thing for me because I would probably nocebo myself into symptoms because I really do not like messing with my hormones. My risk-benefit assesment might change.
However, there are two reason why I wouldn't mind losing a little bit of hair while postponing my decision whether to take finasteride for 2-3 years.
The reasons being:

1. Right now being a student my budget is slim. That will change in a year or two. If I want to start to finasteride I would commit to checking out my baseline hormonal profile which is quite expensive I'd say.
2. A lot of things can happen in the next two years. Breezula, Pyralutamide might become available on some markets and other promising treatments could enter phase 3 (GT and so on..). Even some forum members might find out that some other stuff works like magic. Some of these substances seem to have no systemic impact unlike finasteride. If nothing seems promising enough I will have lost 2 years but could still hop on finasteride and get a transplant/SMP.

Do you think my reasoning makes sense? Would you agree/disagree?

Adam124

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think it just looks like a cows lick however did you say you’re a Norwood 2.5? Have you go recession at your hairline ?

I’m 34 and have been on 0.5mg finasteride daily past 4 years and I think it’s halted my hairloss as I jumped on it at the first signs of hair loss .

However , it’s down to personal choice . What do you want to do and whatever that is , go with it .

If I read it wrong and you aren’t receeding at the hairline and just worried about your crown then I don’t see any need for you to be on any meds as I don’t think there’s signs of balding .

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I see your point about not worrying about balding! However, Finasteride seems like a last resort kind of thing for me because I would probably nocebo myself into symptoms because I really do not like messing with my hormones. My risk-benefit assesment might change.
However, there are two reason why I wouldn't mind losing a little bit of hair while postponing my decision whether to take finasteride for 2-3 years.
The reasons being:

1. Right now being a student my budget is slim. That will change in a year or two. If I want to start to finasteride I would commit to checking out my baseline hormonal profile which is quite expensive I'd say.
2. A lot of things can happen in the next two years. Breezula, Pyralutamide might become available on some markets and other promising treatments could enter phase 3 (GT and so on..). Even some forum members might find out that some other stuff works like magic. Some of these substances seem to have no systemic impact unlike finasteride. If nothing seems promising enough I will have lost 2 years but could still hop on finasteride and get a transplant/SMP.

Do you think my reasoning makes sense? Would you agree/disagree?
Following point 2 is what many, many bald guys have done. I don't think anything is going to happen anytime soon because none of those companies are posting pics of hair suddenly regrown from a cueball state. Only I post those sorts of pics.

Attachments

• bald.png
    bald.png
    105.9 KB · Views: 112
  • balder.png
    balder.png
    105 KB · Views: 102
  • balderest.png
    balderest.png
    108 KB · Views: 115
  • 30somthin.jpeg
    30somthin.jpeg