Is My Crown Thinning? (7words Title)

layabout

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If your hairline is thinning and recessed, I would say yes, then.

SKYLER.AS01

My Regimen
Reaction score
hhh i swear i saw many guys have this thick scalp like this man and they dont have any hairloss

Cutis-verticis-gyrata-Scalp-hypertrophy-with-anteroposterior-folds-in-parietal-region.png

Bummer

My Regimen
Reaction score
these posts are just a total slap in the face to everyone balding lol. you have a perfect head of hair guy what are you doing here

layabout

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
these posts are just a total slap in the face to everyone balding lol. you have a perfect head of hair guy what are you doing here
I had a perfect head of hair just two years ago as well. Then the hairline an temples started receding and the crown began to massively thin out. All in the space of a year and a half.

Maybe if I'd started treatment back then I would still have zero thinning and full coverage.

Hair loss treatment needs to be PREVENTATIVE. not REACTIVE. Then before you know it you're injecting dutasteride and taking oral minoxidil and cypro and asking where it all went wrong.

OP says his hairline has taken a massive hit. That's the first sign.

Bummer

My Regimen
Reaction score
I had a perfect head of hair just two years ago as well. Then the hairline an temples started receding and the crown began to massively thin out. All in the space of a year and a half.

Maybe if I'd started treatment back then I would still have zero thinning and full coverage.

Hair loss treatment needs to be PREVENTATIVE. not REACTIVE. Then before you know it you're injecting dutasteride and taking oral minoxidil and cypro and asking where it all went wrong.

Thats fair, but every dude thinks their hairlines have taken a hit. Hairlines mature as we age. Just don't want to feed in to the hysteria if he's just overthinking it. He was also concerned his crown is thinning, and if his hairline is in similar shape I don't think he has anything to worry about for awhile.

Meeee199

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

This my hairline and it is much worse the photo was taken under the sun.

Meeee199

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Yeah I am seriously considering finasteride at the moment at least to preserve my crown and mid scalp. Probably will need a transplant for the hairline if finasteride doesn't work for the hairline

Bummer

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah I am seriously considering finasteride at the moment at least to preserve my crown and mid scalp. Probably will need a transplant for the hairline if finasteride doesn't work for the hairline

this isn't meant to like doubt you or anything do what you want to do at the end of the day, but your overthinking it. as a balding dude I stare at hairlines all day in public haha. It could be the photo but I genuinely do not see anything wrong with your hair in any of your photos.

id talk to a dermatologist and get a professional opinion if your truly convinced your thinning, but I think you're fine man.

Meeee199

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
this isn't meant to like doubt you or anything do what you want to do at the end of the day, but your overthinking it. as a balding dude I stare at hairlines all day in public haha. It could be the photo but I genuinely do not see anything wrong with your hair in any of your photos.

id talk to a dermatologist and get a professional opinion if your truly convinced your thinning, but I think you're fine man.

Nah man this is my hairline 1 year ago and it was wet. Big difference. I will see a dermatologist anyway to get finasteride. I am still worried about the side effects though. I am trying to read success stories but every story I read I find a comment stating that finasteride fucked up Op's penis or OP's hairline.