Is Minxodil Worth It For Regrowth? Need People With Experience!

vinnyg0414

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
maintaining on finasteride now for 6 months but i’m started to get greedy. anyone here had significant regrowth using minxodil? i’m looking to grow back some hairs in my right temple and thicken up my hairline. i’ve been slowly loosing hair since around 17/18 and only started finasteride this year. i’m probably around a Norwood 1.5

Is it true minxodil effectiveness tapers off? Anyone here with any success using the product in the frontal region?

joeblack2017

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I started balding in 2014. I was 27 then. As a minoxidil user for 5 years (started in 2015), I'mm be real honest, all I can say is that minoxidil will only grow you colorless baby hairs (velllus hairs). It will never grow you a normal strong black hair especially on hairline and temples. What it only does is it just maintain the hairs that you still have on your head and make it thicker and stronger so it won't easily fall. This creates an illusion of having thick hair and making it seem that you're growing hair back but you're not. You're just letting it grow long. I mean even in hair transplants, they don't let you grow new hairs. They get follicles from the back of your head and just replace it on your top and front.So if you're on norwood 3 or 4+ and you want your hairline back, minoxidil won't work. Microneedling seems to blacken these vellus hairs and make it more visible on the hairline but very rare it becomes a new normal hair strand. So my take is, only use minoxidil if you still have hair on your hairline and crown. Is it worth using? Yes, it's another tool in the bag. But don't expect to get back your old hairline coz it won't happen. Only hair transplant will do that. And yes, you will lose your gains if you stopped using it. Maybe not in a few weeks, but after months, your hair will go back to baseline. It's good that you're on finasteride already. Minoxidil without it or a dht blocker will be useless. It will give temporary result then will lose it's effectiveness after 2 years. That's what happened to me. Finasteride with minoxidil is your main weapon.

Matt Rogers

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I would stay away from it. It can cause shedding and you don't want to be putting minoxidil on your head for the rest of your life. I regret doing it

Niki99

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I started balding in 2014. I was 27 then. As a minoxidil user for 5 years (started in 2015), I'mm be real honest, all I can say is that minoxidil will only grow you colorless baby hairs (velllus hairs). It will never grow you a normal strong black hair especially on hairline and temples. What it only does is it just maintain the hairs that you still have on your head and make it thicker and stronger so it won't easily fall. This creates an illusion of having thick hair and making it seem that you're growing hair back but you're not. You're just letting it grow long. I mean even in hair transplants, they don't let you grow new hairs. They get follicles from the back of your head and just replace it on your top and front.So if you're on norwood 3 or 4+ and you want your hairline back, minoxidil won't work. Microneedling seems to blacken these vellus hairs and make it more visible on the hairline but very rare it becomes a new normal hair strand. So my take is, only use minoxidil if you still have hair on your hairline and crown. Is it worth using? Yes, it's another tool in the bag. But don't expect to get back your old hairline coz it won't happen. Only hair transplant will do that. And yes, you will lose your gains if you stopped using it. Maybe not in a few weeks, but after months, your hair will go back to baseline. It's good that you're on finasteride already. Minoxidil without it or a dht blocker will be useless. It will give temporary result then will lose it's effectiveness after 2 years. That's what happened to me. Finasteride with minoxidil is your main weapon.
For me it actually did regrow new hair already. Maybe it's the finasteride but I doubt it.

ozm8ey

Established Member
Reaction score
I would stay away from it. It can cause shedding and you don't want to be putting minoxidil on your head for the rest of your life. I regret doing it
I'm currently on finasteride and minoxidil. Haven't really had any shedding yet but I heard that the shedding is a sign that its actually working.

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
I wouldn't bother using min for norwood 1.5, just stick with finasteride and hope you maintain, but it's up to you.

vinnyg0414

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
9AEB12D2-3713-424A-91A5-DF1A0A2AD81C.png
Should I just stick with finasteride? I’m not even sure if i’m a norwood 1.5 yet. It’s been like this for maybe two years now. I’m 21.
Gonna pick up a derma pen and try to tighten up the corners.

Wisemiller

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Little better than snake oil. Try with microneedling for 3 months, and if you do not see clear improvement discontinue immediately.

fenom

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
View attachment 145051
Should I just stick with finasteride? I’m not even sure if i’m a norwood 1.5 yet. It’s been like this for maybe two years now. I’m 21.
Gonna pick up a derma pen and try to tighten up the corners.
I really hope that your family is balding hard, else you are silly for taking pills with that hairline.

vinnyg0414

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
My uncle is bald, My grandfather died at 30 on my moms side and 60 on my dads with NW2’s. Dad has a NW1.5/2

6734C224-BF53-48B9-9142-F1E03F520DA5.jpeg
I’m totally fine with how it looks now at norwood 1.5/2 (if that’s what this is).

justbeconfident

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I started balding in 2014. I was 27 then. As a minoxidil user for 5 years (started in 2015), I'mm be real honest, .
Mate, can you describe if you had any sides?
Specially dark circles under eyes / skin fucked due to collagen reduction?

Are you still on it? Did you hop off of it? How annoying it is to do that sh*t twice a day every single f*****g day?
Did you experience sides / regrowth?