Is Minoxidil safe for the face?

Avery

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone. First let me say that this site is amazing, it's great to have such a source of honest information. Recently my hair loss has slowed dramatically or possibily stopped (0 hairs in the shower or on the pillow, though I can get a few when I run my fingers through my hair). About a month ago I began the "Big 3" regimine, so I'm hoping for some moderate regrowth, but it's too early to be reporting any results.

I have read that Minoxidil will stimulate facial hair growth, but I have not learned whether it is generally safe to apply it to the face, or what the adverse effects of such application could be.

I have no shortage of facial hair, but there is a finger-tip-sized gap where my mustache would connect to the rest of my beard at the corners of my mouth that keeps me from a sporting a good looking beard without growing it really long. Since I already have the Rogaine foam all over my fingers, is it safe to rub it into these areas? I believe there are already follicles there because I can see very thin and small, almost transparent hairs. Obviously I would be extremely careful about getting it in my mouth. I have been using Rogaine for the past month and for a six month period in the past (got frustrated, gave up too soon) without side effects.

Any input would be appreciated. Thanks!

CCS

Reaction score
OK, I did not feel like digging up my password to log in, but here I am:

They say not to put it on your face, but I put it on my beard and my eyebrows. But if you get it in your eyes, don't try to sue me.

kasabian19

Reaction score
From my experience, no - it caused my to age a few years in the space of 6 months. Skin seemed thicker, less elastic and less 'youthful'. However, 3 months on MK-677 has helped immensely.

Funkymonk1

Experienced Member
Reaction score
From my experience, no - it caused my to age a few years in the space of 6 months. Skin seemed thicker, less elastic and less 'youthful'. However, 3 months on MK-677 has helped immensely.

I wouldn't want it on my face for precisely this reason above. There are lot of reports like this about Min causing the face to age. It's not an official side that you'll see on the packaging but there's so many people who swear that it's given them wrinkles and rings under their eyes so why take the chance?

potato87

Established Member
Reaction score
Caused me to age also, sunken skin and collagen depletion below the eyes. Huge regret! only took for 3 months at 10%.

JohnH1

Reaction score
The use of minoxidil did not cause my skin to "age", but it did result in dandruff on the front of my scalp. I usually wash my face after applying minoxidil as a safety precaution. After a year of use, my skin is exactly the same.