is minoxidil from hell: help me please

thinstinks

Established Member
Reaction score
i am a diffuse thinner and i just started to use minoxidil on my hairline and WHAT THE f***!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ive been on it for about 1/2 weeks and i cant stay on it anymore!! i used to get away with okay hair and now i keep finding hairs fall from my head (not just the hairline) what the hell is going on

i just got so severely depressed in the past three days.
i cant afford to lose any hair b/c it's so thin, i can now see my f*****g scalp through my hair and my hairline is fucked now.

will i lose that whole area if i stop using it

if the shed is supposed to last for more than two weeks then forget it

please help me out

G

hang in there dood...your parents didn't raise u to be a quitter

ive bee using minoxidil for 4 months and 2 days and i experienced a shedding as well...it lasted about a month or a lil longer but the first 2 weeks were hellbound...it will eventually die down in no time...i first noticed results at around the 2 month mark n i see hairs on my hairline n temples...theyre getting darker, longer, and more visible so i am happy...i was in the same boat as u but ive suceeded because i didn't give up, n u can't as well :rockon:

Afro Thunder

bombscience

Reaction score
Hey dude, if you dont give up, i wont. I still have hope for minoxidil. Stick through that shed, it will die down...

Stingray

Reaction score
Listen up sally. You're losing your hair. You have two options here dude. You can try the proven treatments, lose a little hair now, and regrow lots later...or you can just lose it all and not have a chance in hell.

Quit complaining, quit whining, accept your conditions, READ THE WARNING LABEL (may cause temporary increased shedding), and regrow your god damned hair already bizzatch!

I'm done. Continue whining.

thinstinks

Established Member
Reaction score
listen stingray just cuz you have a lot of posts doesnt automatically give you balls of steel

so shut up and keep your tough guy act to yourself :moon:

Axon

Reaction score
Shedding is a good sign. Stay the course.

Plus, you haven't been on it very long at all.

Stingray

Reaction score
I really do have balls of steel. They clink when I walk. Also, I was in the same boat as you were you ***. I was 17 when i started losing my hair..waited till it got noticeable early this year, started minoxidil...shed tons of hair..and now regrowing almost all of what I lost. Wanna continue to feel sorry for yourself? Or take my advice and possibly get the same results... It''s your call ese. If you don't like my posts, don't read them.

zak84

Established Member
Reaction score
you can lose your hair now and regrow later, or just lose it now...your choice

Grantspots

Established Member
Reaction score
thinstinks said:
listen stingray just cuz you have a lot of posts doesnt automatically give you balls of steel....so shut up and keep your tough guy act to yourself
What were you hoping he'd write? Or for that matter, what anybody else would write? That we're here to hold your hand and tell you it's ok to quit? Save that for the people who don't understand. Question Stings method but listen to his message. It's the best one in this thread.

You made the commitment to working it for at least a year, right? You know that things could get a lot worse before they get better, right? You've taken the time to get comfortable with all the possible side effects by learning everything about these treatments before jumping in, right? If the answer is no to any of these, then maybe you should quit until you are psychologically prepared.

It's hard enough as it is, do what you can to make it easier on yourself.

Jerry Grant

shivs

Established Member
Reaction score
Dont worry the same thing is happening to me. I have been on propecia for about 4 weeks now and the shedding is starting to kick in big time around the temple areas and to top it all off I went out and got a short (too short if you ask me!) haircut this weekend. Today was the 1st time my brother noticed that i was receding in the front. I am also thinking about quitting the rogaine. I contemplate it everyday. Rogaine may grow you some hair but you have to wait about 3 months if not longer and by that time, you have shedded most of your hairs which could actually backfire on you and make you depressed. Theres no hiding the shedding areas for me with this short haircut. I would give up all my hair when i turn 55, just to have great hair right now at 25!!!! Oh well, let me go dab on some more rogaine. Hell, my hairline cant look any worse than it does right now, matter as well go out with a bang!

bombscience

Reaction score
shivs said:
Dont worry the same thing is happening to me. I have been on propecia for about 4 weeks now and the shedding is starting to kick in big time around the temple areas and to top it all off I went out and got a short (too short if you ask me!) haircut this weekend. Today was the 1st time my brother noticed that i was receding in the front. I am also thinking about quitting the rogaine. I contemplate it everyday. Rogaine may grow you some hair but you have to wait about 3 months if not longer and by that time, you have shedded most of your hairs which could actually backfire on you and make you depressed. Theres no hiding the shedding areas for me with this short haircut. I would give up all my hair when i turn 55, just to have great hair right now at 25!!!! Oh well, let me go dab on some more rogaine. Hell, my hairline cant look any worse than it does right now, matter as well go out with a bang!

Hell yeah, that's my attitude when i slap the rogaine on everytime. Might as well f'n GO BIG or go home...

GO BIG or GO BALD.

G

lol...stingray is a comedian..

anyhow...to the original poster...DO NOT QUIT WITH THE minoxidil u will regret it if u do...all the hairs that u will shed will grow back with new hairs as well...its better in the long run..trust me..a lot of us here were in the same boat as u....but we've made it...stay strong brother...may the power of minoxidil be in u!

Afro Thunder

Dreamatek

Reaction score
thinstinks said:
ive been on it for about 1/2 weeks and i cant stay on it anymore!! i used to get away with okay hair and now i keep finding hairs fall from my head (not just the hairline) what the hell is going on

i can now see my f*****g scalp through my hair and my hairline is fucked now.

please help me out

If you are shedding as much as your making it sound in only half a week. You may be having an allergic reaction. Call Rogaine and tell them exactly when and how long you've been on it, when the shedding started, and much the hair loss count has become.
I was on it off and on for like 4 months years back, my hair started shedding so damn much, I thought that it was stress so I quit Rogaine. Early last year I got back on it for 4 months straight, my hair receeded half an inch and started shedding so bad. I called Rogaine and they said that I was one of the few percent that it actually kicked in my heriditary baldness. They said to get off it right away and see a Dermatologist. I saw 3 different derms and they are all baffled. I got off of it, alot of the hair I lost didn't come back.
I'm not trying to scare you, but Rogaine is not ment for the hair line, Rogaine said that I should not have used it on my hairline only the back. If your hair shedding increases and doesn't go away in the next 3 weeks, my advice is get off of it. Ask Rogaine yourself.

Your hair should grow back since it is a short period of time. Take MSM and Zinc.

G

thinstinks said:
i am a diffuse thinner and i just started to use minoxidil on my hairline and WHAT THE f***!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ive been on it for about 1/2 weeks and i cant stay on it anymore!! i used to get away with okay hair and now i keep finding hairs fall from my head (not just the hairline) what the hell is going on

i just got so severely depressed in the past three days.
i cant afford to lose any hair b/c it's so thin, i can now see my f*****g scalp through my hair and my hairline is fucked now.

please help me out

Some people shed on minoxidil. It will pass. Stay on it and if you are not taking it, use propecia and nizoral too!

Stay the course.

:lol:

VoRteX

Established Member
Reaction score
thinstinks,

is your scalp itching or inflamed?

Is your scalp flaking?

How much had your male pattern baldness progressed before starting treatments?

You MUST add Nizoral immediately and get on propecia!

If your scalp is really inflamed then i would stop the minoxidil. If its not, add the nizoral and Tgel(alternate) and maybe cut back the minoxidil to once/day for awhile.

I feel your desperation man! Try to hang in there!

cosmo gene

Established Member
Reaction score
bump

stay the course UNLESS your scalp is deteriorating. If so try ppg free minoxidil. Some people like myself are allergic to the actual minoxidil.

RalphyWiggum

Established Member
Reaction score
Jesus! Seriously I want to know am I the only who doesn't shed on minoxidil?

G

RalphyWiggum said:
Jesus! Seriously I want to know am I the only who doesn't shed on minoxidil?

I did not shed on minoxidil. Many folks don;t.

bombscience

Reaction score
Dreamatek said:
thinstinks said:
ive been on it for about 1/2 weeks and i cant stay on it anymore!! i used to get away with okay hair and now i keep finding hairs fall from my head (not just the hairline) what the hell is going on

i can now see my f*****g scalp through my hair and my hairline is fucked now.

please help me out

If you are shedding as much as your making it sound in only half a week. You may be having an allergic reaction. Call Rogaine and tell them exactly when and how long you've been on it, when the shedding started, and much the hair loss count has become.
I was on it off and on for like 4 months years back, my hair started shedding so damn much, I thought that it was stress so I quit Rogaine. Early last year I got back on it for 4 months straight, my hair receeded half an inch and started shedding so bad. I called Rogaine and they said that I was one of the few percent that it actually kicked in my heriditary baldness. They said to get off it right away and see a Dermatologist. I saw 3 different derms and they are all baffled. I got off of it, alot of the hair I lost didn't come back.
I'm not trying to scare you, but Rogaine is not ment for the hair line, Rogaine said that I should not have used it on my hairline only the back. If your hair shedding increases and doesn't go away in the next 3 weeks, my advice is get off of it. Ask Rogaine yourself.

Your hair should grow back since it is a short period of time. Take MSM and Zinc.

This post is the kind of thing that I dont like to hear. I am confident minoxidil has caused me to loose more hair than i would normally in the last 2 months. I'm going to keep going until 3 months exactly, and see if i keep up this "shedding"