Is Minoxidil Able To Reverse Miniaturisation?

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
hi guys, ive been on minoxidil for almost 6 month now . (was on propecia for 16 month before and still on it) I apply it on the hairline .
during the first month i had a shed, i shed the miniaturised hair at the hairline . But for the moment i havnent recovered. SO will i recover those hair ?

warner8

Established Member
Reaction score
you should if the shed was due to minoxidil, and not due to the natural hairloss process. but i will say this, minoxidil works for some ppl longterm, it doesn't work for some ppl, and for me it only worked short term (3 years)

Giiizmo

Established Member
Reaction score
It should grow back, eventually. Even hair shed from hairloss alone can come back with minoxidil, up to a point. It all depends if you're a good responder or not. People usually associate a shed with an increased chance of overall regrowth but I can't say their observations are anything conclusive.

The most regrowth people get is around the 1 year mark, then it tapers off slowly until it either reaches an equilibrium or it dips below baseline a few years down the line.

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
the shed hair was totally due to minoxidil, it was mostly miniatrised hair at my hairline that 16 month of propecia didnt reverse . SO i hope it will regrowth.

DHT_Blocker

Reaction score
It can reverse miniaturization. Just remember that once that hair pore is completely gone--it's gone for good. That's why it's always better to start a hair regrowth regimen too early rather than too late.

But as long as there's even a faint hair, there's still a chance it can regrow.