Is Mino Effective For Facials Hair?

ThinningPatience

My Regimen
Reaction score
For minoxidil users, have you had an increase in hair count of in the chin area?
I am considering using mino only on my chin and maybe a bit wider, so do you think I am going to see results keeping in mind I am not expecting much.

I thinking of 3 months application (max)

McBald

My Regimen
Reaction score
Don't do it. Minoxidil is a drug and has side effects. If you don't use it already for your hair don't start something risky just to get some temporary hair on your beard.

ThinningPatience

My Regimen
Reaction score
Don't do it. Minoxidil is a drug and has side effects. If you don't use it already for your hair don't start something risky just to get some temporary hair on your beard.
I know about the sides. Actually, I have used it for 9 months on my scalp but thought it’s not worth it. I am currently in need of more hair to form a decent beard. So feed back from those who tried to apply it on their chin would be appreciated.

Reaction score
It absolutely works for beard I have personally done it as have many people and gotten improvement. It prolly boosted my beard 35%. Google minoxidil beard for more Info. Best thing is you'll keep most of the gains unlike the ones you get on your head. 3months too short shoot for 6 months to a year. It wont make new hair it will just help hair follicals that for whatever reason havnt sprouted under the skin to come out imo. Theb go from vellus hair to terminal hairs

ThinningPatience

My Regimen
Reaction score
It absolutely works for beard I have personally done it as have many people and gotten improvement. It prolly boosted my beard 35%. Google minoxidil beard for more Info. Best thing is you'll keep most of the gains unlike the ones you get on your head. 3months too short shoot for 6 months to a year. It wont make new hair it will just help hair follicals that for whatever reason havnt sprouted under the skin to come out imo. Theb go from vellus hair to terminal hairs
I am actually hesitant to go over the 3 months period cause I don’t want the sides to appear again. When I was using it, I got a bit of an eye bag, and it seems irreversible. I have also heard from some people who applied it on face that they grew hair on upper part of face ( forehead, etc) but I don’t buy into things easily. Did you notice the same happening to you? and how much were you applying?

centurie

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes I applied it on my face for 2 years and grew a beard as a result. Experienced no sides except from more hair growth everywhere.

ThinningPatience

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes I applied it on my face for 2 years and grew a beard as a result. Experienced no sides except from more hair growth everywhere.
I am fine with all-over-the-body growth, I have much body hair anyway. I just don’t want hair to grow in odd areas like near eyes or to converge towards forehead. Have you experienced such things?

centurie

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am fine with all-over-the-body growth, I have much body hair anyway. I just don’t want hair to grow in odd areas like near eyes or to converge towards forehead. Have you experienced such things?

No i did not, but i didn't have hairs there in the first place. If you are a hairy individual you will be likely to experience this.

Saulus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
google wjat effect minoxidil has on your collagen and skin

please consider that scalp skin is also thicker then facial skin