is microwaving my food bad?

roki

Experienced Member
Reaction score
i get all my meals from a catering its very good and healthy stuff but the problem is i microwwave it and i read that it can change the molecules of the food and destroy the nutritional value
does anyboy have any idea about that?
i dont have an oven at home maybe i should get one and start using it insted of the microwave ,what do you guys think?

CCS

Reaction score
it can change isomers. but not all biochemicals have more than one isomer. So maybe certain vitamins would be hurt. Not sure which ones. Boiling hurts vitamin C, though. So take your poison. I grind my rice or lentils so I can boil them faster, and then I use my frozen vegetables to cool that down. I eat the rest of my food raw.

roki

Experienced Member
Reaction score
so what's your verdict CCS should i buy an oven and use it insted?

roki

Experienced Member
Reaction score
thanks cassin i hope youre right

CCS

Reaction score
roki said:
so what's your verdict CCS should i buy an oven and use it insted?

I don't know. It depends if most of your food is cooked in it. It's probably not an issue if just one course of your meal is cooked in it.

Cassin

Reaction score
roki said:
thanks cassin i hope youre right

I am a bit weird about the food I eat. I eat a lot of organics and I try to eat a lot of fresh food. People give me a hard time about how picky I am but I used to work at an organic grocery store back in the day and that completely change my perspective on food.

I don't use it a lot, I use the stove when I can but mainly because I think it tastes better that way.

roki

Experienced Member
Reaction score
CCS i heat all my food in the microwave because i get all of it cooked allready
cassin it does taste alot better in an oven it just takes a bit longer
i think maybe microwaving is not very good so i think ill go by an oven
god dammit i spend too much money

CCS

Reaction score
I'm thinking of microwaving a bowl of water, and then dumping my oatmeal/ground lentil into that and letting it sit for a few hours before I eat it.

Cassin

Reaction score
collegechemistrystudent said:
I'm thinking of microwaving a bowl of water, and then dumping my oatmeal/ground lentil into that and letting it sit for a few hours before I eat it.

Does this dude know how to party or what?

roki

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Cassin said:
collegechemistrystudent said:

Does this dude know how to party or what?
:uglylol:
funny sh*t

i dont get how you find the time to work out study and keep the right diet
im so lucky i get good ready food otherwise id be seriously fuckd