IS MHR A GOOD OPTION,PLEASE POST PROS AND CONS

aztec004

Reaction score
I HAVE MY CONSULTATION TODAY AT MHR, THEY R ASKIN FOR ABOUT 7000 U.S.D FOR 2000 GRAFTS. I LIVE IN FLORIDA. I HAVE HEARD A LOT OF BAD COMMENTS ABOUT BOSLEY. IS MHR ANOTHER BOSLEY?

not me!

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Please reconsider. You will be much better served going to a more reputable independant physician. I have no idea why you would even consider a place you have heard so many bad things about. It makes no sense at all.

You only get one scalp. Ask yourself this: would you rather save a couple of bucks by going to MHR (you won't really be saving anything) and then spending that money and more getting it repaired or would you rather spend about the same as the first procedure with MHR and get the job done right the first time?

aztec004

Reaction score
I DONT GET IT. HOW COME INSTITUTIONS LIKE MHR OR BOSLEY WHO HAVE ALL THESE HUGE CLIENTELLE ARE BAD WHEN THEY HAVE MORE ADS OUT INTURN GETTING MORE CUSTOMERS WHICH MEANS MORE PRACTISED SURGEONS WITH MORE NUMBER OF PROCEDURES DONE AND ALSO THE SPENDING POWER FOR RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENTS COMPARED TO INDIVIDUAL PRACTIONERS WHO HAVE HAD LESS PROCEDURES DONE.

fallicule

Established Member
Reaction score
Sometimes less is more. Not so much with hairloss, but certainly with the CAPSLOCK key. :shock:

Vinton Harper

Established Member
Reaction score
aztec004 said:
I DONT GET IT. HOW COME INSTITUTIONS LIKE MHR OR BOSLEY WHO HAVE ALL THESE HUGE CLIENTELLE ARE BAD WHEN THEY HAVE MORE ADS OUT INTURN GETTING MORE CUSTOMERS WHICH MEANS MORE PRACTISED SURGEONS WITH MORE NUMBER OF PROCEDURES DONE AND ALSO THE SPENDING POWER FOR RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENTS COMPARED TO INDIVIDUAL PRACTIONERS WHO HAVE HAD LESS PROCEDURES DONE.
Well, consider this... would you rather have your transplant done by one of many 2nd rate hair transplant surgeons in a giant collective whose main goal is the quantity of patients they can get, or would you rather have it done by one 1st rate hair transplant surgeon who does each surgery himself and has been since he opened his business and has been perfecting his craft one patient at a time?.

And I don't buy the part about places like Bosley having more spending power for research and development. They spend all their money on infomercials and marketing.

michael barry

Reaction score
Medical Hair Restoration Drawbacks.....

MHR is a transplant mill man. Aides will proboably be placing some (or most) of your transpants after the Doctor makes a donor insicion and the aides split up the grafts. Is MHR even using follicular units yet????????Huge question. Do they use dissolvable stitches yet? Do they offer FUE if you'd like which leaves no zip scar? ...........Id bet you talked to a salesman who isnt a doctor when you got your price quote.

If I were you and you are determined to go ahead with it, I'd square it away beforehand that you want a mirror above so you can WATCH the surgery. I'd also square it away that the Doctor places all grafts personally. Aides can only prepare grafts and graft recipient sites. I hope youve taken into consideration what your final state of baldness will be with respect to how large a hippocratic wreath you feel you will have in 30 years. Gary Bauman was featured on 20/20 as a reputable Florida Doctor....might check out his website as Im sure he'd have one. Hair Transplant Mills are bad news bro. One of em' wrecked my head, so Im talkin' from experience.

michael barry

Reaction score
Bosley and innovation......

Bosley just kills me claiming that they "pioneered practically every major advancement in hair transplantation in the past 30 years".........NOT Follicular Units, Not FUE's, Not dissolvable stiches, Not laser therapy as prep to combat excessive shock loss, not use of GraftCyte products as prep to combat shock loss.

They proboably "pioneered" legal release forms which absolves one of their docs if the non-English-speaking techs placing your grafts butcher you.......I'll give em' that. Their infomercial showing the computer generated simulation of the hair from the back of a mans head flowing to the front is the biggest joke. If a guy just puts a large paper over his head and measures the square inches of his hippocratic wreath versus the big bald area he will know what a crock that is.

ed

Reaction score
Re: Medical Hair Restoration Drawbacks.....

michael barry said:
I'd also square it away that the Doctor places all grafts personally. Aides can only prepare grafts and graft recipient sites.

The Doctor I am going to has aides help prepare/place grafts along side him. I would assume this is quite normal so to not make the procedure take FOREVER. Am I wrong? I can definately understand why you'd only want the Doctor doing the grafts, however. I have researched the Doctor I am going to, and he seems quite legit.

michael barry

Reaction score
I hope the Doctor is using follicual units for your sake. If his support staff are very good at what they do, they proboably can insert follicual units well. If I were you I'd at least insist the HAIRLINE be done by him alone. This is the most noticeable area. You'll want it gently faded and not too thick right on the hairline as hairlines naturally would occur.

If he has taken your Norwood level and his professional opinion of your state of final baldness (at about age 70) into account, and you are comfy with the guy its proboably a good thing. I personally believe that men who will bald to NW5 and NW6 dont have enough donor hair to be good transplant candidates and are better off with buzz cuts. The picture beside you post looks like a guy with plenty of hair, but I had plenty of hair at 20 too.......

I hope you take propecia, use nizoral once a week, and minoxodil (referred to as the big 3 by users of this forum) suggest also. You want to fight losing any more hair if you can help it......best wishes

not me!

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Re: Medical Hair Restoration Drawbacks.....

ed said:
michael barry said:
I'd also square it away that the Doctor places all grafts personally. Aides can only prepare grafts and graft recipient sites.

The Doctor I am going to has aides help prepare/place grafts along side him. I would assume this is quite normal so to not make the procedure take FOREVER. Am I wrong? I can definately understand why you'd only want the Doctor doing the grafts, however. I have researched the Doctor I am going to, and he seems quite legit.

There is nothing wrong with highly-skilled technicians placing the grafts under the supervision of the physician,

Mahair

Established Member
Reaction score
MHR will deliver poor results large scars and disfigurement. I know they butchered my head and caused me nerve damage.Save yourself!

shukria

Reaction score
Medical Hair resoration doctor in San Fransico his name is McGrath or something. He did a transplant for me for about 1200 grafts and i believe he put only 800 or something but charged for 1200. Now its been two months already and i believe only less than 100 hairs been grown. He was not the one doing it, the nurses they were the one plugging it. I believe i should hire one of those nurse instead of wasting my money. It's been two months and only 100 hairs been grown.. i am not sure the rest will grow or not. I heard they have money back gurantee.. i m not sure whethr its a crap or not.

baldsucks

Reaction score
Stay away from MHR !!!

I have talked personally with a very dis-satisfied "victim" of MHR Boston.
He is now horribly disfigured. He went fro a class 2 to a class 5 from the MHR surgery !