Is male pattern baldness Is The Worse Thing That Can Happen To A Young Man

IS male pattern baldness the worst thing to can happen to a young man?

• Total voters

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
I would think possibly 90% body burns or being prison raped might be a tad higher on the list..... unless prison rape is your thing

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
What's "worse" is all relative to individual experiences.

However, some things I can think of that are most certainly worse than hair loss off the bat:
-Extreme facial deformities (including extreme burn victims)
-Loss of one's penis
-Paralysis and/or loss of multiple limbs

Possibly worse than hair loss:
-micropenis
-being overly short
-loss of a single limb

Again, it's all relative to experience

JMS97

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Does finasteride actually affect you face guys? im a NW1 still but considering my dad is NW7 and my hair is looking thinner at the temples already i might take it ASAP, im 19 btw (can't even grow facial hair, f*** male pattern baldness). Even a NW2 will destroy my looks i look too young

JMS97

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I would think possibly 90% body burns or being prison raped might be a tad higher on the list..... unless prison rape is your thing
yeah because body burns legit make you disgusting to look at. Hair loss just makes you look like genetic sh*t if you can't pull it off.

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
I think it's even more obvious to you since you are in and around elite social circles which are inaccessible to most of the other posters here.

Can anyone else here spot Wolfpack*?

*clue- think boners, head, and lap dance.:D

kingsecretsocieties.gif

blackg

Reaction score
If you can pull off the shaved head look then you are extremely lucky and in most cases very rare.

Now, what the fullheads fail to understand about a combover is... it may look a bit pathetic at times, yet for most of us, it still looks way better then projecting an appearance that says you've just been released from a mental hospital.

Thanks Hollywood!

Last edited:

shookwun

Reaction score
Trump has a Fleming mayor flap.

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
If you're gonna do that, bring your labtop with you.

That way, you can blog. Just make sure you can power it near by.

hell yeah brotha! It will be a "cabin in the woods" but be decked the f*ck out. HOTTTT TUB and everything. :confused::cool:

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Have fun.

I need a f*****g vacation, and soon! Been working fifty hour weeks, since the beginning of June.

Still have deadlines I've gotta make.

fuk dat noise mannnn!!!! let's move to tibet and live off the land as monks.

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
The worst thing that can happen to a young man is trying everything to prevent balding, just to have his scalp feel like it's being constantly infiltrated by stinging angry, crawling insects as they chew away at his tissues leaving him with a horrendous, humiliating birds nest. that's much worst than just balding.

GoldenMane

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think it would depend on how severe the Crohn's is. I know a woman whose son was diagnosed at the age of eight after suffering an acute, excruciating attack. He's close to 20 now, and things have steadily gotten worse for him over the years. He has not been able to live a normal life, needs routine painful injections (which his poor parents give to him) and is now slowly recuperating from a surgical procedure. I don't know what it's like to be a young, bald male, so maybe for some a painful disease that does not take away from their appearance wouldn't be as depressing.
Give me Crohn's disease over male pattern baldness any day, I be if you offered Crohn's sufferers the chance to swap their gut pains for male pattern baldness, you would have VERY few takers.

GoldenMane

My Regimen
Reaction score
If you can pull off the shaved head look then you are extremely lucky and in most cases very rare.

Now, what the fullheads fail to understand about a combover is... it may look a bit pathetic at times, yet for most of us, it still looks way better then projecting an appearance that says you've just been released from a mental hospital.

Thanks Hollywood!
Combovers are the best option aside from a buzzcut at lower levels of hair loss if density has been lost. They can make you look normal. A comb over can cover thinning hair. It's not a good idea to try to create a hairline with a combover though.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
I remember Trump once saying that baldness is the worst thing that can happen to a man. I also remember Hilary speaking to a graduating class (@Harvard?) about the importance of hair maintenance... above all else, having good hair is her take away message. You can see why Im going to be conflicted heavily come this november...

Joan

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@Señor AIDidaS, who actually has IBD (and lucked into male pattern baldness as well), might shed some light on this.
Remember that not everyone's Crohn's is as severe as others' (just like hemorrhoids :p). A milder form of Crohn's would not impact someone's life as much as a more painful one.

Joan

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
With severe Crohn's your life is very hard. You probably need to spend a few days in hospital at least once a month. You will lose a lot of weight, have diarrhoea, anaemia e.t.c. No picnic. Not to mention side effects from the medication. And unlike the sides from finasteride they are much more common and serious. Mild Crohn's is not bad. Still, it would be a tough choice for the person. A debilitating condition v one which destroys your appearance hmm.
Both of which prevent some people from living normal, content lives too. A person would have to suffer from both at their most serious forms (that would be a high Norwood) to give a qualified answer, and even then, not everyone would feel the same.

GoldenMane

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'd take severe Crohn's over severe early onset male pattern baldness. At least you'd get more sympathy and understanding, less judgement and can still be attractive to women. I'd take mild Crohn's over mild male pattern baldness too. Maybe mild, late onset male pattern baldness beats severe Crohn's but that's it.

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score
At least you'd get more sympathy and understanding, less judgement

I see this trotted out a lot here. Do people really give a sh*t about sympathy, understanding from other people/society that much compared to the debilitating physical effects of Crohn's or the significant cosmetic impact of male pattern baldness? It barely comes into the equation for me.

Alopecia universalis/totalis is a better comparison with male pattern baldness. Both painless, have no impact on your health or physical quality of life. Yet some people here say they would take AU over male pattern baldness, despite AU being worse aesthetically, because people recognise it as a "real" disease and would be more sympathetic. f*** that.

Ronaldinho

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes.

Other things that can happen to you just seem worse.

Hair loss in one's teens is pretty unique.

A unique kind of suffering and mental torment for which you receive no sympathy.

Or was it only me? Who knows, I'd need to find someone who lost all his hair from age 16 to age 22.

To this day, I'm still looking. In my everyday life I mean, I know there have been worse cases on this forum.

I just never had the coping skills some people seem to exhibit. I knew exactly what going bald meant.
I'm 16 and i have a pretty bad receading hairline. It is not noticable yet for my friends because i have long and thick hair which covers the recession. I want to cut it but i dont want to uncover my temples.