Is Itchy Flaky Scalp Also Part Of Male Pattern Baldness

@GeraltOfRivia

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have been having itchy flaky scalp since last year.I am currently on dutasteride.Nothing seems to work for my danrduff.No shampoos no medicines and shampoos seems to make situation worse.Anyone suffering this problem and also greys.None in my family had greys at my age only later in their 30s. I am 21 years of age plzz help

Articom

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Everyone's got dandruff to some degree, if you have already tried Nizoral shampoo you might have to accept it. I've noticed more dandruff with longer hair.

@GeraltOfRivia

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Everyone's got dandruff to some degree, if you have already tried Nizoral shampoo you might have to accept it. I've noticed more dandruff with longer hair.
I shaved my head to get rid of dandruff yet it is still coming even with short hair

BetterLivinThruChemistry

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have had this problem for years. I wash my hair morning and night using the shampoo shown on the picture. It contains piroctone olamine and salicylic acid. I know I'm touting this product all the time, but it has really helped. No dandruff, no itching (which was driving me mad) and no red scalp anymore. On a few days a week, I combine it with a ketoconazole shampoo.

"Washing" with just warm water is a really bad idea...

Attachments

• Shampoo.jpg
    Shampoo.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 98

@GeraltOfRivia

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have had this problem for years. I wash my hair morning and night using the shampoo shown on the picture. It contains piroctone olamine and salicylic acid. I know I'm touting this product all the time, but it has really helped. No dandruff, no itching (which was driving me mad) and no red scalp anymore. On a few days a week, I combine it with a ketoconazole shampoo.

Might give it a try thanks

Cowboys fan

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

When I was washing my hair everyday with shampoo .my scalp got drier and more iritated and produced way to much sebum . I went EOD just warm water in off days and the health of my scalp improved . There s an adjustment period though have to stick with it

@GeraltOfRivia

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
When I was washing my hair everyday with shampoo .my scalp got drier and more iritated and produced way to much sebum . I went EOD just warm water in off days and the health of my scalp improved . There s an adjustment period though have to stick with it
Yeah same is the case with me.Shampoos make it worse for me and currently i am not using any shampoo.Just warm water neither too hot nor too cold