Is it worth it to go to hair transplant with Norwood type 6

marko1

My Regimen
Reaction score
I contacted few clinics and they said that I'm at Norwood type 6 even 7. I attached photo of my situation. Is it worth it to go to hair transplant at this point? I'm 29 and it seems it's getting worse

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    156.7 KB · Views: 388
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    151.9 KB · Views: 383
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    157.8 KB · Views: 386
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    143.3 KB · Views: 371
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    145.3 KB · Views: 378
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    148.8 KB · Views: 377
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 379
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    107.6 KB · Views: 393

whatintheworld

Reaction score
Your situation is pretty advanced as you know. Are you on finasteride and minoxidil?

It seems you have DUPA which makes transplanting almost impossible, there are only a few select elite surgeons who can handle such a case.

whatintheworld

Reaction score
You need to try finasteride and minoxidil to see if you can strengthen what you already have.

DUPA is diffuse unpatterned alopecia. It generally makes transplantation impossible because it means your donor does not have a stable enough region for transplantation where it is not affected by the male pattern baldness miniaturization process.

Finasteride can help reduce this, but it is almost impossible to predict if it will before trying it.

marko1

My Regimen
Reaction score
You need to try finasteride and minoxidil to see if you can strengthen what you already have.

DUPA is diffuse unpatterned alopecia. It generally makes transplantation impossible because it means your donor does not have a stable enough region for transplantation where it is not affected by the male pattern baldness miniaturization process.

Finasteride can help reduce this, but it is almost impossible to predict if it will before trying it.
Thanks for the explanation, but I don't want to try any medication, it's not that important to me

DarkHairHair

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

dupa always end like this man ? Norwood 7 ? It's strange he seems to have dupa and male pattern baldness at same time.

whatintheworld

Reaction score
dupa always end like this man ? Norwood 7 ? It's strange he seems to have dupa and male pattern baldness at same time.
Usually Norwood 7 and DUPA are correlated, yes.

It is unusual in the sense it is unlikely as most men don't go to that stage, but some unfortunately do.

DarkHairHair

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes since I was like 20-21
I have also dupa and i have 23 y old. I lose my hair since 3 years ( 20 y old).

But i have always my hairline ( norwood 1) and don't have receding hairline. I have lost 60 % of my density

Did you lose your hair quickly? How did you look at 24-25 years old? Don't you have a picture to see the evolution?
Did you have receding hairline ?

marko1

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have also dupa and i have 23 y old. I lose my hair since 3 years ( 20 y old).

But i have always my hairline ( norwood 1) and don't have receding hairline. I have lost 60 % of my density

Did you lose your hair quickly? How did you look at 24-25 years old? Don't you have a picture to see the evolution?
Did you have receding hairline ?
I don't have pictures through years, now when I think of it I should have taken a picture of it through years.

In general my hair just kept thinning at the top, I did realize the problem I have above ears and at the back of my head but I was like: "It's salvageable..." but it's not

Good thing is that I workout (not much but enough to look decent), so people are usually afraid of me or at least have that stereotypical opinion about bald guys, which is kinda interesting xD
And also baldness doesn't bother me, literally nobody ever mentioned it or tried to joke about it (because well I look little bit harsh), never had any love or business problems because of it

I would like to have some hair if possible, that's all

DarkHairHair

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't have pictures through years, now when I think of it I should have taken a picture of it through years.

In general my hair just kept thinning at the top, I did realize the problem I have above ears and at the back of my head but I was like: "It's salvageable..." but it's not

Good thing is that I workout (not much but enough to look decent), so people are usually afraid of me or at least have that stereotypical opinion about bald guys, which is kinda interesting xD
And also baldness doesn't bother me, literally nobody ever mentioned it or tried to joke about it (because well I look little bit harsh), never had any love or business problems because of it

I would like to have some hair if possible, that's all
Have you been Norwood 7 for a long time or just recently?

Why don't you let your hair grow little more on top and sides and back ?

It's good if it did not bother you. What is your height ?

marko1

My Regimen
Reaction score
Have you been Norwood 7 for a long time or just recently?

Why don't you let your hair grow little more on top and sides and back ?

It's good if it did not bother you. What is your height ?
Not really sure how long I have been Norwood 7. Personally I think it's stupid to grow hair that's not there hahaha

I'm 180cm, around 80kg

ninonino

My Regimen
Reaction score
This is from one clinic. I'm done. Thanks guys
It is to be appreciated that this clinic gave you an honest answer. Can you tell me the name of this clinic in a private message? I would like to send them some pictures.