Is it worth it to go get Nizoral 2%?

ft2004

Reaction score
I just ordered proscar and I use rogaine foam and nizoral 1%. I don't suppose there are any studies out there that answer my question. Would Nizroal 2% offer a better chance to regrow and maintain than 1% or at this point am I splitting hairs...no pun intended

I am a Norwood 2.5 with a thinning crown and diffuse thinning in a horseshoe pattern. I still have a good bit of hair but have lost a lot. I think I might of waited to long to get on meds but I am hoping for a good response.

Thanks,

maximiliandreams

Established Member
Reaction score
I am using nizoral 2% shampoo,and i can tell you that it reduced my shedding a lot...i think it's worth it

Quantum Cat

Reaction score
that's not true, i just picked up some 1% yesterday. unless you meant the 2% which is only available on prescription.

where did you get the 1% ? - Boots doesn't seem to stock it any more and every online store is sold out.

and the 2% is definetely not prescription only. I just bought a bottle, picked it right off the shelf from Boots. In some shops I think it's one of the 'behind the counter' meds, but even so it's not prescription only

Bowser

Established Member
Reaction score
where did you get the 1% ? - Boots doesn't seem to stock it any more and every online store is sold out.

and the 2% is definetely not prescription only. I just bought a bottle, picked it right off the shelf from Boots. In some shops I think it's one of the 'behind the counter' meds, but even so it's not prescription only

well i got mine from asda. i asked them about the 2% and they said i would need a prescription, same as the online store where i get regaine from - Pharmacy2u. you can the 1% from them too.

Quantum Cat

Reaction score
just checked Pharmacy2u and they seem to only stock Nizoral 2%. I have no Asda near me so can't look there.

Bowser

Established Member
Reaction score
just checked Pharmacy2u and they seem to only stock Nizoral 2%. I have no Asda near me so can't look there.

really! i ordered from them this week as on last drops of regaine and i always buy them together. it went through ok and am expecting the delivery anytime now. i get through nizoral bottles quickly so always keep one spare. did you type nizoral into the search bar?

- - - Updated - - -

^ok just checked and its definitely there. can buy single or multi pack of 3.

on a side note, i have tried the 2% ordered from a foreign online pharmacy and hated it- foams better but the smell is horrible and didn't leave my hair looking thicker as the 1%. also felt a shed more with the stronger one.

boobyinspector

Established Member
Reaction score
If you have sebborheic dermatitis sure. I think that Minoxidil may induce this so it helps those users using it. I quit minoxidil and nizoral and my hair has never been better with just finasteride. I also only wash my hair once a week like my mom has been doing for most of her life.

Quantum Cat

Reaction score
I searched Nizorelle but it only came up with Nizoral. However it came up on a google search, so you're right Pharmacy2u does stock Nizorelle 1%

however I can't find anywhere else that sells it either online or in store, so I assumed it was discontinued. I bought Nizoral 2% and if I don't get on with it I'll revert back to nizoral 1%

you definetely don't need a prescrip for Nizoral 2% though - I just bought it straight off the shelf

Bowser

Established Member
Reaction score
I searched Nizorelle but it only came up with Nizoral. However it came up on a google search, so you're right Pharmacy2u does stock Nizorelle 1%

however I can't find anywhere else that sells it either online or in store, so I assumed it was discontinued. I bought Nizoral 2% and if I don't get on with it I'll revert back to nizoral 1%

you definetely don't need a prescrip for Nizoral 2% though - I just bought it straight off the shelf

ok thanks. ill keep that in mind