is it worth it? please let me know

cateyes81

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello

I am now getting close to year 3 on the big 3. I have maintained my hair nicely. YEt i am still a bit unsatisfied with my results I wonder about just getting my temples filled in a bit?? I have extra money saved up that would not mind spending if it would actually look good.

What do u guys think? how much would the procedure cost by someone extremly qualified ?

G

cateyes81 said:
What do u guys think? how much would the procedure cost by someone extremly qualified ?

come on, give us a little bit more info than that. like post pics of your situation so people can tell where you are on the baldness scale. anyone who gives you a graft estimate on here without looking at your pictures would be pretty stupid

cateyes81

Established Member
Reaction score
my hair is pretty much the same as yours in the picture but when lifted up its a norwood 2 or 3

Nick4441

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Fue would do it...500 grafts improve your temples and hairline. If your hair is stable then may be worth it, it depends how important it is to you.

If your pretty happy with your hair would be better to wait for HM and avoid surgery..but could be another 1-3 yrs.

s.a.f

Reaction score
Nick4441 said:
If your pretty happy with your hair would be better to wait for HM and avoid surgery..but could be another 1-3 yrs.

Could be another 3-10+ yrs as well. People were claiming it was just around the corner back in the 90's. When it does come out it will probably be only for the mega rich, until it becomes a more widespread procedure.

recboi

Experienced Member
Reaction score
cateyes81 said:
Hello

I am now getting close to year 3 on the big 3. I have maintained my hair nicely. YEt i am still a bit unsatisfied with my results I wonder about just getting my temples filled in a bit?? I have extra money saved up that would not mind spending if it would actually look good.

So luck you even have that option. I got butchered by someone, and then MHR messed up their attempt at correction, and Dr. Bernstein was able to make me look fairly presentable with graft excisions, but my donor supply was totally used up on the first inch deep into my hairline, and it' still incredibly thin and gappy. I would kill to be able to fill in temples or something. I'm screwed for the rest of my life, and I have horrible scarring too. God I can't even get a haircut because I'm too embarrassed.

global

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Nick4441 said:
Fue would do it...500 grafts improve your temples and hairline. If your hair is stable then may be worth it, it depends how important it is to you.

I was NW2-3 and needed 1200 to fill my temples, I think we really need pictures, 500 grafts would only suffice is loss was very minimal.

cateyes81

Established Member
Reaction score
ok well then to helll with FUE why would i do FUE when its so damn expensive to get 1000 grafts? i will just go with FUSS

WHICH IS LIKE HALF THE price CORRECT? and i dont even have to shave my head!

wtf was i thinking contimplating FUE :hairy:

CCS

Reaction score
cateyes81 said:
just wondering how much u think 500 grafts cost by a very reputable surgeon?

If you are anywhere near NW3, you will need a lot more than 500 grafts to get to NW1. But if you just want move the temples forwards a little, and brink he corners down 1/8 inch, 500 may do the trick. For FUE you probably need $3500-$4000, though it might be less. For strip (which I advise against for only 500 grafts) you would need about 2500 dollars.

Before going to a Doctor, let us all research the Doctor for you and give you ideas.

cateyes81

Established Member
Reaction score
colege you did not read my last post tho i totally changed my mind look above ur post :p :p :lol: :hairy:

Anyways I THink i Have found the best dr in the world DR armani :hairy: