Is it true Australia has 3 women for every man?

CCS

Reaction score
One of my friends told me that there are 3 women for every man in Australia. I find that very hard to believe, but would like Powersam to chime in. I'd think if that were true, many men would move there and even it out. Unless the women there just are not attractive. Still, all it would take is a few generations and it would even out again. Why would the men leave and the women stay? Makes no sense. Maybe someone was exaggerating. But they said in bars the women fight over the men.

banco

Reaction score
That's bullshit. What is true is that in some small mining towns that are in the middle of nowhere have really bad male to female ratios.

HughJass

Reaction score
I highly doubt it. The state I live in is certainly no bachelors paradise, but it is the most notoriously lame state in the country after all.

Perhaps it's different in other parts of Oz.

s.a.f

Reaction score
"The odds are good - but the goods are odd" :mrgreen: .

dimitar_berbagod

Established Member
Reaction score
There was something on the bbc news about 4 months ago about there being a specific town in western Australia where there were 2/3 women to every man. I believe the Australian government were trying to encourage men from other parts of Oz to move there.

That's where the confusion with this thread lies.

CCS

Reaction score
that was my thought too once. It depends how pretty the women are. Maybe most the men left because they were all ugly and agressive.

ali777

Reaction score
Most of the Aussie girls I've met are actually decent looking. They are somehow fitter than their British counterparts, I think it's something to do with the Aussies being sports mad nation.

Beauty is a personal taste, what I like you may not like...

CCS

Reaction score
We should move there, get married, and then see if our wives don't divorce us for someone better after all the other guys move there too and fix the ratio. Though I wonder why the women don't just move out of that town and into ones with better ratios.