Is It Too Late For Finasteride And Minoxidil To Work?

MUHAMMAD SHAHID

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi, im 20 years old and for the past two years my hairloss has gotten severe. Ive just started minoxidil and finasteride 1mg a month ago but at this point im not sure it'll do much good for me. Should I just get a transplant or will my baldness reverse and could i possibly get some hair back?

Attachments

• IMG_2995.jpg
    IMG_2995.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 474
  • IMG_2996.jpg
    IMG_2996.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 480
  • IMG_2997.jpg
    IMG_2997.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 428
  • IMG_2998.jpg
    IMG_2998.jpg
    267.6 KB · Views: 709
  • IMG_2999.jpg
    IMG_2999.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 469

onceuponatime

My Regimen
Reaction score
i think you should stick to it and that you'll get some decent results, get a transplant if you have no more options left or even better ask ur derm or Doctor what to do

Buzz Baldrin

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think you have a great chance of thickening up existing hair. You might also see good regrowth from the minoxidil. The first months will probably cause shedding initially but ride it out and you will most likely see results. Improvement comes very gradual so give it at least 6-12 months. Getting a transplant now before you know how your hair reacts to the treatment I believe is a bad decision. If you "want" to use this long term it is better to give it a year, evaluate progress (see which hairs that are treatment resistant) and decide if you still want to go the transplant route.

MUHAMMAD SHAHID

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think you have a great chance of thickening up existing hair. You might also see good regrowth from the minoxidil. The first months will probably cause shedding initially but ride it out and you will most likely see results. Improvement comes very gradual so give it at least 6-12 months. Getting a transplant now before you know how your hair reacts to the treatment I believe is a bad decision. If you "want" to use this long term it is better to give it a year, evaluate progress (see which hairs that are treatment resistant) and decide if you still want to go the transplant route.

Ill wait 6-12 months then. Hopefull my hair thickens up to the point where I can conceal my hairline. I just hope it grows back long again.

MUHAMMAD SHAHID

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think you should stick to it and that you'll get some decent results, get a transplant if you have no more options left or even better ask ur derm or Doctor what to do

I'm just a little skeptical about the results since everyone in my family has genetic male pattern baldness. also it's VERY rare for someone to lose this much hair at this age. Haven't even turned completely 20 yet lol. I actually did visit a doctor and was recommended to start the medication to prevent further loss and if results seem good and I want to restore my hairline I should get a transplant but should focus on retaining the hair I have now.

onceuponatime

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm just a little skeptical about the results since everyone in my family has genetic male pattern baldness. also it's VERY rare for someone to lose this much hair at this age. Haven't even turned completely 20 yet lol. I actually did visit a doctor and was recommended to start the medication to prevent further loss and if results seem good and I want to restore my hairline I should get a transplant but should focus on retaining the hair I have now.

male pattern baldness runes in my fam too bro, i lost hair dramatically at 20 just like you and i started finasteride a few days ago, im hoping for the best. starting finasteride and minoxidil should defo help from what ive read online. Check out these results - https://www.bernsteinmedical.com/medical-treatment/patient-photos/

4myfuture

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I agree with the other posters that you should give the treatments a chance. Also, I think the fact that your young is good because you havent been balding that long. There is prob a good amount of recent loss in those pictures. If the treatments work you may see some decent thickening..

MUHAMMAD SHAHID

My Regimen
Reaction score

MUHAMMAD SHAHID

My Regimen
Reaction score
I agree with the other posters that you should give the treatments a chance. Also, I think the fact that your young is good because you havent been balding that long. There is prob a good amount of recent loss in those pictures. If the treatments work you may see some decent thickening..

Yeah I lost most of my hair in the past 1.5/2 years.

hopeforhappiness

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That you have lost as much as you claim at 20 does suggest that you have agressive hairloss. I would take very clear photos and in a place where you can replicate the exact same pictures at the same hair length in 6 months. If I didn’t see a clear improvement I would move on to dutasteride. You’re already very progressed and you’ve just reached your twenties. You will likely have to fight the battle a lot harder than those who don’t start losing until their late 20s/early 30s.

If your loss is mostly recent with a treatment strong enough to work you can safely hope for great regrowth.

MUHAMMAD SHAHID

My Regimen
Reaction score
That you have lost as much as you claim at 20 does suggest that you have agressive hairloss. I would take very clear photos and in a place where you can replicate the exact same pictures at the same hair length in 6 months. If I didn’t see a clear improvement I would move on to dutasteride. You’re already very progressed and you’ve just reached your twenties. You will likely have to fight the battle a lot harder than those who don’t start losing until their late 20s/early 30s.

If your loss is mostly recent with a treatment strong enough to work you can safely hope for great regrowth.

By recent I could say I lost MOST of my hair in the past two years. I’ve been prescribed 1mg finasteride with minoxidil. Hope that’s aggressive enough to stop the hair loss and get some hair back.

recedingornot87

My Regimen
Reaction score

I feel you bro. Im 21 and losing my hair fast. My dad was already fully bald NW7 at this age. Do you have baldness in both sides of the family?

MUHAMMAD SHAHID

My Regimen
Reaction score
I feel you bro. Im 21 and losing my hair fast. My dad was already fully bald NW7 at this age. Do you have baldness in both sides of the family?

Yeah my moms side but my dad had pretty good hair till he was like 45-50. I’m still on the meds but if it doesn’t work by like month six I’ll just get a transplant.