Is It Safe To Say I’m Starting To Bald?

Sladewilson

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
19 yo

My dad has a thick nw1 at 62, but my maternal grandpa had some hair loss after his mid 30s

I have thick curly hair as you can see, which makes the thinning at the temple more obvious

Is it normal for temples to thin out like that then stop or will it advance to actual male pattern baldness?

Last edited:

Jim-101

My Regimen
Reaction score
I dont think you have to worry at this point, looks more like a mature hairline kicking in to me

recedingornot87

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think you are fine for the time being but keep a strong eye on it.You definately wont be taking after ur dad though with a thick nw1 at 62, you can expect some hairloss in the future. Those thin hairs do indicate more androgen activity there. How are ur moms and dads brothers? What about ur paternal grandfather.

Sladewilson

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think you are fine for the time being but keep a strong eye on it.You definately wont be taking after ur dad though with a thick nw1 at 62, you can expect some hairloss in the future. Those thin hairs do indicate more androgen activity there. How are ur moms and dads brothers? What about ur paternal grandfather.

Paternal grandpa no hairloss, or not that im aware of

The rest is mostly good tbh, I don't know any uncle that is bald except one I think from my dad's side

Seeing how my hair seems to be affected by androgens strictly in that particular area and extremely thick elsewhere, is it possible that I've inherited androgen sensitivity only in that area?