Is it safe to dermarol on top of the head?

Lamps

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello, is it safe to dermarol on top of the head? Or is it perhaps better to use a dermapen on the top of the head?
Also, if it is safe how many militeres should the dermaroller be? Thanks in advance for answering.

fugged

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
People do all the time. You just have to mind the needle depth, direction, method, sanitation, and other practices. look up the studies, but people do shorter (+/1 .5 mm) for more frequent, and in direct combination with minoxidil, and also longer (1.25-2mm). plenty out there to refer to.

Lamps

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for reply fugged. :) Can someone please link to the studies that says that dermarolling on the back of the head is safe? :)

Lamps

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for reply fugged. :) Can someone please link to the studies that says that dermarolling on the back of the head is safe? :)

Can someone please link to a study that confirms that dermarolling on the back of the head is safe? Thanks in advance.

KNemo

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Can someone please link to a study that confirms that dermarolling on the back of the head is safe? Thanks in advance.
Why wouldn't it be? But look at the relevant threads one of which is on the first page right now.

Lamps

My Regimen
Reaction score
Why wouldn't it be? But look at the relevant threads one of which is on the first page right now.

I don't know why it would not be, but I would think that some parts of the head are fragile and therefore easy to damage with dermarolling. I have also tried to find threads on the first page that says that dermarolling on the top of the head is safe, but I could not find the threat. What is the name of the threat/threads that says that dermarolling on the whole head is safe?

KNemo

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't know why it would not be, but I would think that some parts of the head are fragile and therefore easy to damage with dermarolling. I have also tried to find threads on the first page that says that dermarolling on the top of the head is safe, but I could not find the threat. What is the name of the threat/threads that says that dermarolling on the whole head is safe?
Yes some parts are fragile - don't dermaroll your eyes and don't do more that 0.5mm on eyelids (with them closed).
The back of your head have thicker skin than the front.