Is It Possible To Revitalize A Dry System?

pubehead

My Regimen
Reaction score
I’ve had my system for a little under a month now & it’s pretty much completely lost its shine & feels quite brittle. I sleep with a satin pillow case & spritz my hair with leave/in conditioner every morning & evening & yet my system is still dry. Is there anything that can be done aside from getting a new system?

My system: https://www.hairuwear.com/product/virtual-skin-plus/

My leave-in conditioner: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B001AWXPAY/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_M9ATDb83TK7DR

For regular conditioner/shampoo I use Pantene once a week

cottonReville

My Regimen
Reaction score
My system's hair was incredibly, incredibly dry - despite my use of leave-in - until I switched to serum, which changed everything.

cottonReville

My Regimen
Reaction score
It's similar to Frizz-Ease but it's from Sally's. I'll give you the name when I get home.

I also use Moroccan oil, but I prefer serum as it's got silicone in it and makes the hair feel factory-fresh again.

As far as how often do I use: often.

new2this

My Regimen
Reaction score
I’m wondering the same thing, I’m in a similar position. I have found that silicone based products give the most immediate improvements but I am weary of using them long term as I know it can prevent conditioners from penetrating the hairs and doesn’t REALLY make it healthier, just softer from the silicone coating.

If you’re willing to try that route I would use the Hask Argan oil that comes in the small vials. I have also played around with the keratin treatment a bit, but I think the Argan oil is better for moisture.

cottonReville

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hair is dead. It doesn't become healthier. Conditioner, serum, oil - all serve the same purpose: Temporary revitalization

pubehead

My Regimen
Reaction score
It's similar to Frizz-Ease but it's from Sally's. I'll give you the name when I get home.

I also use Moroccan oil, but I prefer serum as it's got silicone in it and makes the hair feel factory-fresh again.

As far as how often do I use: often.

I looked up Sally’s Hair Serum & there were a couple different options that I found. Which one do you have?