Is It Possible To Reduce Hair Density Of A System

ChromeyFirefox

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have to say that right now trying to modify your piece as a newbie is a bad idea. Replacements may not be forthcoming

Diesel guy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I would say, no.

I guess I misunderstand what is meant by 'Reduce the Hair Density'. My system comes in a normal density - and we use a combination of straight edge razor at the base of the unit, and thinning shears. the straight edge reduces the 'straw' feeling when you have too many short hairs mixed in with the longer hairs. Through this process, we take me down to what most would say is a med-light to light density. My hair looks great

In my avatar photo - we really reduced the density here - we started out as a Medium Density unit.

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
I guess I misunderstand what is meant by 'Reduce the Hair Density'. My system comes in a normal density - and we use a combination of straight edge razor at the base of the unit, and thinning shears. the straight edge reduces the 'straw' feeling when you have too many short hairs mixed in with the longer hairs. Through this process, we take me down to what most would say is a med-light to light density. My hair looks great

In my avatar photo - we really reduced the density here - we started out as a Medium Density unit.

I will rephrase...

On your own, no... with a skilled hairstylist, potentially.

Mystery411

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
A stylist can make the unit appear thinner than it already is. I always like a tiny bit of transparency near my temples. I also get the hairline thinned out, as well. My whole unit looks thinner, overall, once my stylist goes to town on it. Thinning shears are amazing!

deg_dilemma

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
A stylist can make the unit appear thinner than it already is. I always like a tiny bit of transparency near my temples. I also get the hairline thinned out, as well. My whole unit looks thinner, overall, once my stylist goes to town on it. Thinning shears are amazing!

I wonder how the stylist avoids the shorter hairs from sticking out on the hairline?

Mystery411

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I wonder how the stylist avoids the shorter hairs from sticking out on the hairline?
no clue. I’ve only requested semi-exposed/non-exposes hairlines. I have French lace units and the hairline is...eh lol. Fortunately, it’s durable af! All of my units have lasted a long time.

Diesel guy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

My stylist uses both a straight edge razor and thinning sheers.

With the sheers, she thins out the bulk and give it a 'mass thinning' - but the doesn't thin down to the base. This thinning process gives texture to my style.

With the straight edge, she will go down to the base and cut the hairs level. This removes both the shorter and longer strands of hair. I have no clue how she knows where to cut down, but she somehow does - and it looks great.

I also like strategic transparency in my style. No one would ever imagine we spend all of this money on a system only to style in thin spots on our head. LOL