Is It Possible To Have Sides After Using Finasteride For Few Days?

Alen

My Regimen
Reaction score
I started to use Finasteride 4 days ago. This might sound a little bit fishy but i started to feel like my libido is gone. I don't have any sex drives for few days now, almost right after starting to use the pill.

Is this a psychological situation or the drug can indeed show sides this quick?

And of course, should i keep countine to use it?

Nimatus

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Riddles .Probably is possible, it's a fast acting drug. They say you ride it out and your body will adapt.

Nostro100

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You are just simply not finding the right p**rn! Talk about apparent side effects like Gyno and we will have a case to discuss... Now libido is the most psychological side effect a man can have that depends on so many things including losing it because you are thinking about losing it for being on finasteride, and not the actual finasteride doing it.
I would bet that if you were on a Placebo (ie, thinking u were on finasteride), you would still come here saying your libido is down. That's what the studies show!

Alen

My Regimen
Reaction score
You are just simply not finding the right p*rn! Talk about apparent side effects like Gyno and we will have a case to discuss... Now libido is the most psychological side effect a man can have that depends on so many things including losing it because you are thinking about losing it for being on finasteride, and not the actual finasteride doing it.
I would bet that if you were on a Placebo (ie, thinking u were on finasteride), you would still come here saying your libido is down. That's what the studies show!

I am actually pretty sure it wasn't just on my mind. I also used Prozac and it also gave me the same sides in the beginning. I know my body and i believe it wasn't psychological.

That being said, I think i am slowly starting to get my libido back. I wasn't feeling anything few days ago when i posted this. Now compared before my libido is at around 80%.

Nostro100

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am actually pretty sure it wasn't just on my mind. I also used Prozac and it also gave me the same sides in the beginning. I know my body and i believe it wasn't psychological.

That being said, I think i am slowly starting to get my libido back. I wasn't feeling anything few days ago when i posted this. Now compared before my libido is at around 80%.
you Took 5mg of finasteride (ie, proscar)? Why

EDIT: Sorry, missread "prozac" with proscar :p

Nostro100

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am using Proscar by dividing 5mg into 5. Using 1 mg everyday.

I dont want to get too personal but how do you evaluate yourself about this? I mean, when you say you have low libido, you mean you just dont feel like having sex or wank OR you desire it but the instrument just doesnt want to comply with said desire?

I say this because I have days that I just dont feel like "doin anything" ... which is different from wanting to do it but cant do it

Alen

My Regimen
Reaction score
I dont want to get too personal but how do you evaluate yourself about this? I mean, when you say you have low libido, you mean you just dont feel like having sex or wank OR you desire it but the instrument just doesnt want to comply with said desire?

I say this because I have days that I just dont feel like "doin anything" ... which is different from wanting to do it but cant do it

It's really hard to explain. I was feeling like even if there is a hot naked girl infront of me i still can't make my dick go to hard.

Mastrubating was also pretty difficult. I had to concentrate pretty hard to keep my dick erected. + Orgasms were pretty different, not sure if i can describe that though.

Overall i am positive that it wasn't on my head. Hopefully sides will not come back and i can continue like this. Even %80 of my libido is enough for me.

Alen

My Regimen
Reaction score
Good lord, i'm literally having a parallel conversation with another guy who is on finasteride for 5 months and he says his erections are rock hard even after he cums... I must really start to put a #NoHomo after all comments

https://www.hairlosstalk.com/intera...-up-finasteride-5-months.115041/#post-1684780

The effect of the drug is different on everyone. I also saw a lot of comments on how the drug boosted their libido. Unless you try and experience it on yourself you can't really predict what kind of sides you will get from it.

dr75

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've used the drug and i know that it is possible. Some say sides would go away after some time but i don't believe it. Whether you will keep using it t is up to how much you value your hair. Good luck.

abcdefg

Reaction score
I started to use Finasteride 4 days ago. This might sound a little bit fishy but i started to feel like my libido is gone. I don't have any sex drives for few days now, almost right after starting to use the pill.

Is this a psychological situation or the drug can indeed show sides this quick?

And of course, should i keep countine to use it?

Look at the label on the bottle. Its not on there for fun, and to waste money. Yes, sexual problems are definitely related to the drug many times. it could happen in 3 days or 3 years. Without understanding how it all works exactly how can anyone tell you for certain?

Alen

My Regimen
Reaction score
I can confirm that my libido is %100 back as of today.

Don't know the hell is giong with my body though. So many reactions in a very short period.

Alen

My Regimen
Reaction score
So that p*rn done the trick. lol

Are you still taking finasteride. ?

Yes. I am using both finasteride+Nizoral.

I am 28 years old. My hair went from NW2 to NW2.5 in few months. Hopefully finasteride will help to protect the hair i have.

I don't really have any expectations for a regrow.