Is It Possible To Go From Nw2 To Nw1 Or Nw1.5 Using Only Traditional Treatments? | HairLossTalk Forums
Dismiss Notice
Forum Update: Aug 19. Feedback for the Admin? Upgrade coming: Click Here.

Is It Possible To Go From Nw2 To Nw1 Or Nw1.5 Using Only Traditional Treatments?

Discussion in 'Men's General Hair Loss Discussions' started by LifeIsSucks, Aug 17, 2019.

1. LifeIsSucks

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Has anyone seen a case like this? I've seen some diffuse thinners making some pretty amazing recoveries, but what about someone with a relatively thick nw2 moving down by at least half a norwood?
    By "traditional treatments" I mean dutasteride, finasteride, anything that doesnt go into completely wrecking your hormonal male system

2. Mushu

Mushu Established Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    It depends if your juvenile hairline was a norwood 1 or 1.5 to start with, but yes it's possible to get hair terminal again, albeit rare, as you have to be a great responder. Usually they can get some peach fuzz to grow outside of their juvenile hairline with minoxidil, but it does not look natural IMO, just looks like you're hairy. I can see how someone can use hair fibres to thicken it up and create their edges (edge of hairline).

I myself have thickened up my old hairline and it's still getting better, albeit slowly.

3. Durandal

Durandal New Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Perhaps you could try dermarolling + minoxidil. If you're lucky enough, it could eventually happens.

4. Mandar kumthekar

Mandar kumthekar Experienced Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Frontal baldness never get cured once hair is lost. I am doing dermarollinv and minoxidil for 4 months and grown zero hairs on frontal side,in fact I lost some ground there.

5. Jessy Barkley

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    I think that it depends of how recent was the hairloss and if the hairs are completely miniaturized or not. If there are some very very small hair it's possible to grow them back, I've seen some people going from NW3 to NW1/1.5 after a year and a half.

Mandar kumthekar likes this.
  6. TheZyzz

TheZyzz Established Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    I'm using minoxidill foam 5% for a year and a half and fina for exactly a year.
    I started as Norwood 1.5 with weak thin hair, and now I'm Norwood 2 with thick and healthy hair.

Crown is thinner now. Temples continue to recceed.

I dont think I'll be able to get to Norwood 1.5 or 1 (oh god I would pay for this lol).
    But at least I'm not nw3 as I should have be without the treatment..

I'm not using dermarolling or shampoo because I dont actually know what are they doing / dont wanna spend more money because I'm a student and dont have an income and I spend quite alot (for me) on fina monthly and minoxidil.

Maybe if I was using derma + shampoo, I would get better results.

7. JFLAtMtBalding

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Usually you can recover at most two stages of miniaturization. So for example if you start with a follicle at stage 3, you could end up at stage 1.

Attached Files:

• 4.png
      4.png
      File size:
      60.2 KB
      Views:
  8. TheZyzz

TheZyzz Established Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Yeah but dont forget that when it comes to the temples which receed first, the already go from 1 to stage 6 very quick and that's why you see bald temples. There is no more hair over there and thats why you cant really "revover" them.
    As you said you can recover the rest of the hair from stage 3 to stage 2 or even 1.5, but only when it comes to hairy zones and not bald areas (like the temples). Because the although he's only Norwood 2, his temples are already stage 6.

JFLAtMtBalding likes this.
  9. JFLAtMtBalding

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    You are right, my bad.