Is It Possible To Get A Lace System With Skin/poly Where The Central Parting Is?

Hair2019

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I use a Swiss Lace system in a central parting. I was thinking, to get the absolute maximum realism for a parting, wouldn't it be better to have skin/poly where the hair is parted so there is no risk of anyone seeing the lace when close up to you? I think with Swiss Lace it's pretty good, but I'm just thinking of how to make it even better. Is it possible to get a custom made Swiss Lace system with skin/poly on the area where the central parting is?

Thanks.

Noah

Reaction score
Yes, that is possible, and you're right, it gives a really good result. It's a custom order obviously, and that may be problematic at the minute because of the virus, but in ordinary times you can specify on your template where you want your hairline, and ask for a skin insert under the parting and under the crown swirl.

Hair2019

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Great, I didn't know that was possible but I do now. This whole hair system journey gets better and better! I'll definitely ask for this when I order a custom later this year.

TheLoneWigMaker

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
IMO, skin is worse where the scalp is shown. Hence why Swiss lace is best for hairlines.

Skin makes it too easy to see a plastic-y, shiny or even yellowish color against the scalp. Especially after it ages a bit. Also, the hair ventilation of v-looping is terrible for realism.

Swiss should not be visible if you have it glued correctly and the knots are well-bleached, plus the hair looks more like it is growing out of the scalp.

This is just my opinion, and my experience of course.

What visual aspect about Swiss do you dislike?

cottonReville

My Regimen
Reaction score
IMO, skin is worse where the scalp is shown. Hence why Swiss lace is best for hairlines.

Skin makes it too easy to see a plastic-y, shiny or even yellowish color against the scalp. Especially after it ages a bit. Also, the hair ventilation of v-looping is terrible for realism.

Swiss should not be visible if you have it glued correctly and the knots are well-bleached, plus the hair looks more like it is growing out of the scalp.

Thanks for your input. I was under the impression the poly I've tried so far (a full poly, but not UTS, unit & french lace w poly perimeter) didn't look that realistic owing to their thickness. I also didn't know v-loops result in less realistic hair flow. Thanks. I'll be switching back to all-lace for my next.

I also hate how I can't bleach my knots on poly.

TheLoneWigMaker

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for your input. I was under the impression the poly I've tried so far (a full poly, but not UTS, unit & french lace w poly perimeter) didn't look that realistic owing to their thickness. I also didn't know v-loops result in less realistic hair flow. Thanks. I'll be switching back to all-lace for my next.

I also hate how I can't bleach my knots on poly.

Yes, the root bleaching issue is reason enough why dark haired users should not use UTS IMO, at least on the hairline.

The thickness of the poly will contribute to the base visibility. But regardless of the thickness, the light will reflect off it it. It could be .01mm and it would still happen.

Hair2019

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Hi, thanks for your reply and for that info. I had no idea that skin could be more detectable like that. If that's the case, why do some people wear skin systems, especially if they don't last as long and are not breathable?

As for what visual aspect of Swiss lace I dislike, well I think the knots are slightly visible if I look really closely where my central parting is, although most people are unlikely to notice and it is only slight. I currently wear a stock system. Perhaps with a better, custom made system it might not be an issue. It isn't really a major issue now on my current system, but I just thought skin would look more natural for partings etc.

Noah

Reaction score
I have respectfully to disagree with LonelyWigMaker - I think a skin inset under a crown swirl or a parting looks really good. It is the one respect in which I think skin is better than lace - if seen from above it mimics human scalp to perfection. I agree, though, that it doesn't age as well as lace, and it can get a yellow tint after a few months.

Noah

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have respectfully to disagree with LonelyWigMaker - I think a skin inset under a crown swirl or a parting looks really good. It is the one respect in which I think skin is better than lace - if seen from above it mimics human scalp to perfection. I agree, though, that it doesn't age as well as lace, and it can get a yellow tint after a few months.

Noah

You also have no knots.

TheLoneWigMaker

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Noah

I would, however, agree that Injected Thin Skin is unparalleled in realism, as far as hair direction is concerned. Though the same issues are apparent with regards to plastic base potential for visibility.

Hair2019

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Another question. Is it possible to have bleached knots on the central parting area on an all lace system? Then I won't have to bother with skin.

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
Another question. Is it possible to have bleached knots on the central parting area on an all lace system? Then I won't have to bother with skin.

On a custom system, of course. You ask for central parting, and then bleached knots at that parting.