Is it possible to damage a hair system while sitting in a dry sauna?

Blue eyes

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Steaming in the sauna is actually very healthy if done correctly. I'm just not so sure if it has a negative effect on an all- lace system. Can it dry out from the Heat similar to using a heated blow dryer? Any thoughts or experiences would be appreciated.

JonathanHair

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't think going to a sauna is recommended regardless of which hair system you're using. While it won't damage the base, the heat will definitely dehydrate the hair and make it dry/brittle. Not to mention, it'll definitely affect the adhesive so if you've used glue, it might melt and get unattached.

Blue eyes

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I do have some. I used to use it before blow drying. I guess I want to hear scientific evidence that dry sauna is harmful or not to the system. Lol

Fanjeera

Reaction score
How often would you go to a sauna anyway? And wouldn't you throw water on the oven quite soon after you enter making it steamy and very humid quickly?

Blue eyes

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
There is no steam involved in a dry sauna. I guess you could compare it to wearing a system outdoors in southern Florida to the millionith degree. The temp is 150-195 degrees F in a dry sauna. Elevating your body temperature in this controlled environment for 20 minutes 3-4 times a week offers several health benefits. Just not so sure it benefits the hair.

TooBad

My Regimen
Reaction score
There is no steam involved in a dry sauna. I guess you could compare it to wearing a system outdoors in southern Florida to the millionith degree. The temp is 150-195 degrees F in a dry sauna. Elevating your body temperature in this controlled environment for 20 minutes 3-4 times a week offers several health benefits. Just not so sure it benefits the hair.
Florida has high humidity though