Is It Possible To Counteract The Skin/collagen Side Effects From Minoxidil?

countjulian

My Regimen
Reaction score
I agree 100% with every word you said. eg. Dave wanting to get lip and forehead surgery when he has hundreds of girls matching to him on Tinder is body dysmorphia of the highest order. Yeah that's a problem.

But I would also like to say that I think "incel culture" is spreading and growing and no matter what anyone does, it will not stop or be contained.

I think the real catalyst for all this has been online dating. Up til now, everyone would tell you if you did bad with women, you just need to try harder, or work on your personality, or be more funny/interesting, etc. And I think people mostly believed it.

But now, a guy who is suffering can simply change his pictures online to a better looking guy and get instantly 500%+ the results without anything else changing about them. All of a sudden, girls want to talk to them. They don't have a "bad personality" anymore. Girls laugh at their stupid jokes on the apps, girls offer their phone numbers.

The thing is - the cat can't go back into the bag on that one. Technology let it out, and the fallout is spreading for young men's self-perceptions and ideals of what are important for them.

Someone mentioned a new incel site on this site, at incels.me. I checked it out, and it's only been around 4-5 weeks, yet has 70,000 posts! This is insane! They had 50,000 posts in 3 weeks! Can you imagine? Obviously that's mostly because these guys are sitting around complaining all day. But the point is the number of guys who feel dejected and rejected by society is massive and likely growing.

I think all this stuff is becoming more and more mainstream, and I think it will spread throughout the Internet and real life as well. Another example is bodybuilding.com's misc section, which once was just a place for Chads to shoot the sh*t, but in recent years has also become "inceltalk dot com" as EvilLocks called it.

I don't think there's any escape. It's a type of progress. Toward what I can't say. Maybe Japan's social situation?

It's less impressive when you consider that r/incel got shut down and it's probably just all the people who were already posting there.

BalderBaldyBald

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Easy buddy Jesus! That just went from 0 to 100 fast. Hope you're joking! f***.

I've been short and ugly my whole life and I'm not planning to kill myself. Just because people want to talk about and commiserate over being at the bottom of the social totem poll doesn't mean anyone needs to start killing themselves.

Bad joke i know, just gonna finish this bottle and cope, regular drunk mode only

Last edited:

Seuxin

Experienced Member
Reaction score
So did i. I spent a lot of money on the trial. I have 100 grams still in my fridge.

Like I said I think you just have to be cautious of the copper component which may be destructive to collagen in high doses.

If you get palmitoyl peptides like the ones linked above at xi'an lyphar you should get the same benefit without that risk. Eg. Pal-GHK instead of GHK-Cu.

Peptides overall are probably the strongest agents we have to work with. And without the drying effects of retinoids.

100g of GHK-CU cost a lot :O
Personnaly i use directly the "Folligen" product form Dr Loren Pickard.
I really would like to use AHK-CU for my hair, but raw ahk-cu is really overpricey.

Trichosan

My Regimen
Reaction score
Oh sh*t my buddies at Xi'An Lyphar carry all the best peptides!

Pal GHK & Pal GQPR 1:1 Mix (Matrixyl)
Pal KVK (Tripeptide 5)
Pal GQPR (Tetrapeptide 3)
Pal GHK (Oligopeptide)

Buying some Matrixyl and Tripeptide 5 and combining them 2:1 would give you an equal blend of the three best peptides (Pal-GHK, Pal-GQPR, Pal-KVK).

Very expensive but better than smelling like pee with hydrolyzed collagen powder. I think I'm gonna bite the bullet and buy a few grams of each.

This is quite interesting. I would like to play with these peptides. Could you elaborate on the carrier concentration to mix with and the biological effects they might have on the skin? Would they show residue on the face or absorbed for wearing in public?

IdealForehead

My Regimen
Reaction score
This is quite interesting. I would like to play with these peptides. Could you elaborate on the carrier concentration to mix with and the biological effects they might have on the skin? Would they show residue on the face or absorbed for wearing in public?

I'll let you know once I get them. Should be a week or two.

But the principle of these artificial peptides is they are supposed to resemble to the skin products of collagen breakdown. By showing the skin what looks like collagen breakdown products, in principle it stimulates the skin to create new collagen. They have been some of the most effective anti wrinkle compounds in recent studies. I will be using them in much higher concentration than the studies however.

Trichosan

My Regimen
Reaction score
Although the benefits of oral peptides and collagen have been questioned, some studies seem to substantiate efficacy.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23949208

Patented products like Cyantine HNS and Verisol have also shown positive research. Online search of above article will turn up a plethora of other similar studies. Commercial products such as Hair, Skin & Nails, by Life Extension (item # 02002), with those ingredients are available, probably others. Attacking the problem systemically and topically is a reasonable approach, I think.

tjnpdx

Banned
Reaction score
You can pick out a bunch of hot girls with hot guys, just like you can pick out hot girls with mediocre guys (look-wise). Don't think in absolutes. I mean look at this woman (and, yes, that's her husband).

ga-gadot.jpg

Sanchez1234

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I'll let you know once I get them. Should be a week or two.

But the principle of these artificial peptides is they are supposed to resemble to the skin products of collagen breakdown. By showing the skin what looks like collagen breakdown products, in principle it stimulates the skin to create new collagen. They have been some of the most effective anti wrinkle compounds in recent studies. I will be using them in much higher concentration than the studies however.
Any uodate?

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
Can someone show me a pic if the infamous "minoxidil eye bags"? Still don't understand what these are supposed to look like

Do we have any actual evidence of minoxidil skin aging being a thing apart from anecdotal reports and the one in vitro study?

kiwipilu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I read that's when it's taken in higher dose orally. but If you follow minox5 posology I don't see why you should have such problem.. Now if you want to put higher dose on your scalp good luck with that.
That said, Sometimes people think minoxidil makes them older but after few years of use, minoxidil or not, they forget they get older too. You change physically and it goes fast when you are in your early twenties. On the other side despite minoxidil ;male pattern baldness can still evovle and you may look little bit older. I'm sure people using a good stack (big 3 or more) don't complain about their skin because they usually keep their hairs and regrow quite a bit .. that's even the opposite they say they look younger; )

Topher

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I too have been thinking of making my own face serums. I don't have acne issues but only want to use oils (coconut/ olive) once every three days or so. So will make two different, one oil based and one ethnol/ water based. I appreciate you sharing your info.