Is It Possible For A Norwood 6 To Get A Hair Transplant

Luk

My Regimen
Reaction score
I am 38 years old have been balding since 26, seems that for the last 5 years nothing has changed my hair has remained the same with no additional loss. I have been shaving my head since my late 20's. I am very tired of the shaved look and hair loss has kept me pretty depressed for the past 10 years it really does not get any better with age, bald is bald no matter the age. I have been thinking about a hair transplant but don't want to make my situation worse. I am realistic in my goals would like to get front and mid scalp coverage with a higher hairline. Just wonder if there is anyone on here that has had hair transplant at norwood 6. I have attached some pics of me and what I ma hoping to achieve let me know what you guys think.

IMG_7315.jpeg IMG_7317 2.jpeg IMG_7317.jpeg IMG_7320.jpeg IMG_7321.jpeg IMG_7323.jpeg IMG_7324.jpeg IMG_7326.jpeg

Here are results I am hoping to achieve

image013.png image014.png image015.png Screen Shot 2018-10-05 at 1.43.04 PM.png Screen Shot 2018-10-05 at 1.43.35 PM.png Screen Shot 2018-10-05 at 2.03.08 PM.png

Attachments

• image004.png
    image004.png
    94.5 KB · Views: 827
  • image010.png
    image010.png
    86.7 KB · Views: 912

recboi

Experienced Member
Reaction score
You might not have enough donor area but some transplant doctors can use body hair as well

Pequod

Experienced Member
Reaction score
1- you need to get blood tests to see what your DHT level, testosterone is.
2- go on finasteride to save what you have.
3- you have to get FUE
4- the lower guys had between 2250 to 3000 graft procedures is my guess. Even 2000 would be noticeable for you.

Luk

My Regimen
Reaction score
1- you need to get blood tests to see what your DHT level, testosterone is.
2- go on finasteride to save what you have.
3- you have to get FUE
4- the lower guys had between 2250 to 3000 graft procedures is my guess. Even 2000 would be noticeable for you.
Tried finasteride worked ok but got bad side affects about 7 months into using it, they were bad enough where my Dr advised me to stop using it took about 4 months for the sides to go away

Luk

My Regimen
Reaction score
You might not have enough donor area but some transplant doctors can use body hair as well
I don't care so much about the crown but would love to have a nice hairline and mid scalp. Of course I would love to cover the crown as well but I think you might be right about my donor area

GrowPro

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
In my opinion, your donor area for your age looks good enough to get a moderate 2,5k-3k graft FUE procedure done to give you some decent coverage in the front and mid-scalp with a high hairline and your expectations are realistic according to the example photos you posted of how you would like it looking.

GrowPro

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What's the best surgeon for a Norwood 6 case?

I would look into the Surgeons in Spain like Dr Lorenzo whom does high Norwood cases, has some impressive YouTube result videos.