Is it ok to bleach thinning hair? + question about finasteride

CaptainCook

Reaction score
I wanna dye my hair white because yolo, but I don't want it to make my thinning worse or something. I'm on finasteride now have been for about a week, and I have absolutely no side effects. Does this mean I won't get any side effects in the future?

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
Dunno about the dying, but as to the 2nd question - not guaranteed, but fairly likely. I'd say at least after 2 months you will have a fairly good assessment of side effects, though there have been cases here where people got them after many more months (such as gyno, that one can creep up on ya).

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah well, likewise, I think if you don't feel anything in that area you probably won't have to worry about it. I do have some funky stuff going on so I'm keeping an eye on it, if anything weird starts to happen I'll have to ditch. But as you know if you can't take finasteride you're kinda screwed so I'm trying to make it work. Dosing 0.5 mg every 3 days.

biddybomb

Experienced Member
Reaction score
How common is getting gyno on finasteride? I am definately not prone to gyno did a cycle of Test 500mg a week a couple years ago without PCT. No signs of gyno whatsoever so hopefully I never have to worry about that.

alex85

Established Member
Reaction score
From what I see on this forum, its more like 1 in 10 chance of getting gyno
Lots of finasteride users don't even know about this forum=) And ofc if you got sides, you want to share your exp.