Is it normal...

jared

Reaction score
It seems like ever since I started my treatment my hair grows like twice as fast... is that out of the ordinary?

Whoome?

Established Member
Reaction score
whats your treatment?, what type of hairloss do you have? It'll helpl if ya include some info... :)

jared

Reaction score
Basically I use rogaine twice a day and i take propecia daily. I also use Nizoral shampoo every third day. I just have thinning hair on top normal thinning and a slight recede on the sides.

G

I have taken some pills, what are the side effects, thanks in advance

sensible answers only

Ty

The Gardener

Reaction score
jared said:
It seems like ever since I started my treatment my hair grows like twice as fast... is that out of the ordinary?

Not out of the ordinary at all. That is a classic sign of the minoxidil kicking in.

what_to_do

Reaction score
u r lucky jared. all i've experience ever since i started on finasteride/nizoral regine is increased shedding. i wish i could say what you wrote.
i just hope finasteride/nizoral grows back the hair i shed & maintain my haricount to what i had when i started the regime about a month ago. i'll be so happy if that happens !!

G

Gardner, you've been on your regime since September?

Have you had any progress thus far?

Deaner

Reaction score
Guys, it's regimen. A regime is something like Al Qaeda...

The Gardener

Reaction score
Well, my 'regime' and my 'regimen' are two completely different things, at least in my world. My regime is listed in the signature blocks at the end of my postings, and my regimen can be found by floating the cursor over the 'view my regimen' button.

My regime is a partial listing of the new set of habits I picked up last September. It is actually much more than I have listed, but I only listed the items dealing with or somewhat related to hairloss. A 'regime' is not only a governmental institution, but the word 'regime', according to the dictionary, is also ' 2. regime - (medicine) a systematic plan for therapy (often including diet).' My regime is, in effect, my new lifestyle.

The Gardener

Reaction score
Gunner said:
Gardner, you've been on your regime since September?

Have you had any progress thus far?

Hey Gunner... yes, I have had nice results. I'm a classic Norwood balder, but with no 'bald spot', just a receeded hairline with bald temples.

Well, the center forehead hair between the temples is where I have seen the best results. Instead of Phil Collins-like thinning, it is now really thick, a very significant cosmetic improvement! Instead of trying to fluff the brittle flat patch, I now have some f*****g stylable HAIR on that center patch, and it is long and thick enough to obscure quite a bit of the temple baldness.

As for the temples per se, I have a half inch reduction on the upper corners. Instead of the sharp cornered bald temple-look a-la Kevin Costner, the tops of the temples are now nicely rounded off. I still have bald temples, but, I continue to see an increase in the width of that center patch... but it is a very slow one hair at a time pace.

Keep up the fight, Gunner!