Is it normal to shed some miniaturized hairs? Is hair typically thicker on the sides and the back than the crown or temples?

JasonRonaldAlexander

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey everyone, I was curious if it is normal to shed a few miniaturized looking hairs? I don’t obsessively shed but when I look on pillow in the morning I find some hairs that smaller than the others. Could this be due to the fact that hair is just naturally thinner on certain part of the head? My hair is coarse and dense. Ever since I can remember (back in my middle school and high school days) the hair in my temple area and the crown just didn’t seem as dense as hair on the sides and in the back or even on the top of my head where it’s really dense. Is this just normal for some people?

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey everyone, I was curious if it is normal to shed a few miniaturized looking hairs? I don’t obsessively shed but when I look on pillow in the morning I find some hairs that smaller than the others. Could this be due to the fact that hair is just naturally thinner on certain part of the head? My hair is coarse and dense. Ever since I can remember (back in my middle school and high school days) the hair in my temple area and the crown just didn’t seem as dense as hair on the sides and in the back or even on the top of my head where it’s really dense. Is this just normal for some people?
That is a bit hard to assess without seeing pictures but it does not seem that you think you are balding.

infamousrodi

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Wondering this too. Is it normal to shed miniaturized hairs or thinner looking hairs during Telogen Effluvium??