Is It Normal To Shed At This Point In My Progress?

jonthecpa

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey guys (and gals),

I started finasteride, Rogaine Extra Strength, and Regenepure DR back in January (see Before picture attached). After about three months, I was already seeing great results and was very excited (see After picture). But about a week ago, I started shedding (see Now picture). I didn't really have a problem with shedding when I started, like I expected based on what I had read. But it seems to be a lot; my wife has even commented that I'm "bald again".

Is it normal for shedding to occur after so much progress? Can I expect to get back to where I was going?

Also, the only thing I can think that I have done differently was I decided to try a conditioner, as I felt my hair was very dry and stiff. I decided that the Regenepure would be a safe bet. I used it maybe 2-3 times before the shedding started, and then I immediately stopped. That was several days ago, but the shedding hasn't really slowed down.

Thoughts?

Attachments

• After.jpeg
    After.jpeg
    134.3 KB · Views: 135
  • Before.jpeg
    Before.jpeg
    108.6 KB · Views: 139
  • Now.jpeg
    Now.jpeg
    93.6 KB · Views: 142

Apples123

My Regimen
Reaction score
That’s interesting. Noticing the hairs that fell out, we’re they thick or thin hairs.

You’ve had fantastic regrowth.

A conditioner wouldn’t really increase hair loss.

Continue to keep following your routine for another couple months, if you notice nothing changes, consider dutasteride.

You have a good amount of hair left, id consider some supplement to maintain strong roots, they won’t help with regrowth, but keeps the hair stronger and nourished.

jonthecpa

My Regimen
Reaction score
They mostly look to be thinner hairs, but some of them are on the thicker side.

Any supplements that are generally better than others?

Apples123

My Regimen
Reaction score
Could potentially be a good sign.

If terminal hairs are falling, (thicker) might mean that the DHT is too strong.

However if it’s majority of thin hairs, then you may be going through a cycle and coming up with some new hairs. This takes a while though, 2-4 months to notice anything.

Tbh. There’s a bunch of supplements, some people hate them and say they do nothing, some people say they make their hair feel stronger. I use something called max biotin, contains 10,000mcg biotin. But that’s a lot. Try and find something similar