Is It Normal Hair To Fall Out When Running My Hands Through It?

flamerune77

My Regimen
Reaction score
everytime at work or anywhere I always see hair on my desk ;/
https://imgur.com/a/JOgw1 here are some pictures of my hair atm, not sure if that is a receding hairline, I do have loads of hair so I don't know if that is the cause, but everytime I put my hand in my hair and shake it, lots of dandruff falls out with 3-4 hairs falling?

I am also stressed tho ..sometimes.

flamerune77

My Regimen
Reaction score
1.jpg
31081674_170650597092308_8963479287986388992_n.jpg

here are pic of my hairline..

iCurly

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How often do you wash your hair?. I noticed when i wash it less often i “loose” more hair. But it makes it seem like more since you loose all the trapped hairs at once .

flamerune77

My Regimen
Reaction score
How often do you wash your hair?. I noticed when i wash it less often i “loose” more hair. But it makes it seem like more since you loose all the trapped hairs at once .
Well I wash it every 3-4 days sometimes everyday, but the more I forget to wash it more hairs fall down I guess. Uhm, is my hairline alright at least? and is losing hair when touching my head bad?

iCurly

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Loosing hair when you run your hands through is normal. As for your hairline , it is hard to judge without knowing how it was when you were young, you have slight recession but it could just be your natural hairline or a mature hairline. It also helps to consider your family history of hairloss.

flamerune77

My Regimen
Reaction score
Loosing hair when you run your hands through is normal. As for your hairline , it is hard to judge without knowing how it was when you were young, you have slight recession but it could just be your natural hairline or a mature hairline. It also helps to consider your family history of hairloss.
Well my dad has hair he is 60, he has a bit of reccesion and thinning,

here ar more pic of my hair, do you think I'll be fine, I am usually really stressed because of my relationship lately..

Attachments

• 31154166_170861957071172_4449718944814596096_n.jpg
    31154166_170861957071172_4449718944814596096_n.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 377
  • 31117969_170861933737841_4451250122130456576_n.jpg
    31117969_170861933737841_4451250122130456576_n.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 347
  • 31230113_170861930404508_6855524813876756480_n.jpg
    31230113_170861930404508_6855524813876756480_n.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 330

iCurly

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Honestly man , your hair looks perfectly fine. Stop stressing and enjoy life. How old are you btw

flamerune77

My Regimen
Reaction score
Honestly man , your hair looks perfectly fine. Stop stressing and enjoy life. How old are you btw
I'm 18 soon 19, I'm just mega stressed sometimes, and anxious I think i need to visit a doctor, it's like sometimes I just feel that I'm losing hair, or sometimes I might think I have some heart disease or cancer for every chest pain or something like that.

iCurly

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah it might be more of a physiological issue then , as for your hair , it is fine . Dont worry about it. Visit your GP to deal with the anxiety issues , alot of stress can cause hairloss aswel.

Duduu

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
No, its not normal.

I can pass my hands througn my hair all day while dry and I dont see any haifall

Even wet during cold showers I hardly see any hair when I massage my scalps fpr like.5 mins

flamerune77

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah it might be more of a physiological issue then , as for your hair , it is fine . Dont worry about it. Visit your GP to deal with the anxiety issues , alot of stress can cause hairloss aswel.
I don't understand why Duduu said it s not normal?

iCurly

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have no idea man, he probably doesnt shed as much hair, i do. I know of friends who have a full head of hair with no recession at 30 and worry about shedding hairs.

Sladewilson

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well, the thicker your hair, the more you lose hair, that's how it works

I don't think it should be alarming as long as you don't notice common male pattern baldness symptoms (crown thinning, recession, diffuse thinning)

IdealForehead

My Regimen
Reaction score
I would say actually it's not normal. I always lost a lot of hair all the time every day since I was a kid and always assumed it was "normal". I believed I had begun balding at 25 or so, because that's when I really saw the frontal straight hairline start to curve back. But in actual fact, I had probably been losing hair very slowly since my teens (hairline "maturation") where I was losing my NW0 and going into a NW1 with thinner and farther back temple points. In truth, this has likely represented a slow gradual movement into my "hair loss years" where I went from NW1 to NW2+ or so over the next ~10 years from 25 onward.

With very gradual hair loss, it is easy to convince yourself the shedding is "natural".

However, once I got on aggressive treatments and they had a few months to get past the early Telogen Effluvium phase, my hair no longer started falling out at all.

I am sure I lose hair sometimes still - I must. But I almost never see it. I used to see 20+ hairs in the sink after applying RU. Now when I apply daro, i might get one hair come out in the sink at most. When I showered, I used to have to wash hairs off my hands periodically during the shower. Now, again, maybe 4-5 at most will come out in the shower (and I am rough) if I am showering daily. There are also no hairs on my pillow and I toss and turn a lot.

So it is hard to estimate just how low it is possible to shed until you get on a good therapy. And it's easy to downplay shedding as "normal". OP your hairline looks like it's moving towards an early NW2. The most important question would be whether or not your corners are farther back than they used to be a year or two previously. If they are, and you're noticing increased shedding, then consider watching it a bit longer, and if it continues to move back or shedding increases, start treatment.

flamerune77

My Regimen
Reaction score
I would say actually it's not normal. I always lost a lot of hair all the time every day since I was a kid and always assumed it was "normal". I believed I had begun balding at 25 or so, because that's when I really saw the frontal straight hairline start to curve back. But in actual fact, I had probably been losing hair very slowly since my teens (hairline "maturation") where I was losing my NW0 and going into a NW1 with thinner and farther back temple points. In truth, this has likely represented a slow gradual movement into my "hair loss years" where I went from NW1 to NW2+ or so over the next ~10 years from 25 onward.

With very gradual hair loss, it is easy to convince yourself the shedding is "natural".

However, once I got on aggressive treatments and they had a few months to get past the early Telogen Effluvium phase, my hair no longer started falling out at all.

I am sure I lose hair sometimes still - I must. But I almost never see it. I used to see 20+ hairs in the sink after applying RU. Now when I apply daro, i might get one hair come out in the sink at most. When I showered, I used to have to wash hairs off my hands periodically during the shower. Now, again, maybe 4-5 at most will come out in the shower (and I am rough) if I am showering daily. There are also no hairs on my pillow and I toss and turn a lot.

So it is hard to estimate just how low it is possible to shed until you get on a good therapy. And it's easy to downplay shedding as "normal". OP your hairline looks like it's moving towards an early NW2. The most important question would be whether or not your corners are farther back than they used to be a year or two previously. If they are, and you're noticing increased shedding, then consider watching it a bit longer, and if it continues to move back or shedding increases, start treatment.
Where should I go to actually confirm if it is hairloss? A specific doctor? Other people say it s fine while other people like you say it s not , i m so worried

hopeforhappiness

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Where should I go to actually confirm if it is hairloss? A specific doctor? Other people say it s fine while other people like you say it s not , i m so worried

You could go to see a dermatologist but at your age there's a decent chance they will tell you something like 'everything seems fine, your'e too young to worry about this, etc.' The reality is that the sooner you start treatment the better chance you have at keeping good hair for decades to come. Best thing you can do is look for old pictures of yourself and try to access whether or not you've had any recession since then and talk to your family and find out if any of your relatives had or have any hair loss. You're smart to be concerned but you don't need to stress yourself out as long as you don't go into denial for the next 3-5 years and wake up one day to realize you have a bald spot. You might have no hair loss at all but even if you do treatment could be as simple as popping a fraction of a pill a day or every other day to maintain thick and youthful hair well into your 30s. There are plenty of options especially at such an early stage so don't lose any sleep over it. Talk to your family, access your situation and if you decide there is cause for alarm go get blood work done to assure you aren't deficient. If you are receding and your bloods are good come back here to research and discuss treatment options and soon you will find the right one.

bartoow

My Regimen
Reaction score
I do not think you have to stress about it. Keep in mind that losing around 100 hairs a day is completely normal!

When I see my girlfriend comb out her hair after a shower I at least see 10-20 hairs every time (it even looks like more because of the long hairs). Counting hairs is the worst thing to do and will stress you out for no reason. We've all been there haha.

You at least have some photo's of your hairline now, just check every 6 months if something has changed and make some new photo's. That's the best way to asses if you are losing hair.

hopeforhappiness

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I do not think you have to stress about it. Keep in mind that losing around 100 hairs a day is completely normal!

When I see my girlfriend comb out her hair after a shower I at least see 10-20 hairs every time (it even looks like more because of the long hairs). Counting hairs is the worst thing to do and will stress you out for no reason. We've all been there haha.

You at least have some photo's of your hairline now, just check every 6 months if something has changed and make some new photo's. That's the best way to asses if you are losing hair.

6 months can be a lot of hair loss. It can take 6 months just to find the right treatment. That would be a year of loss. I wouldn't forget about it for 6 months. I wouldn't obsess over hair count either.