Is It Me Or Do Fue Scars Look Worse Than Fut Scars?

Saulus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Fue

587978cd2d88134b00c42059723b5a71--shaved-heads-pigmentation.jpg

Fut

PhotoGrid_1513041728402.jpg

bartoow

My Regimen
Reaction score
Lol who performed the FUE? His neighbour or his wife? Or that must be the worst doctor out there.

My FUE looks invisible, no scarring to see with the bare eye. Even when hair is clipped very short (1700 grafts).

resu

Reaction score
Both examples are of scar repairs, not sure where you're getting at.

shookwun

Reaction score
first of all that is a shitty FUT scar without tricho closure.

I have had a fut successfully done by dr rahal, and am confidentely able to cut my hair to a 1mm grade.

In certain areas I can go 0.5mm even. however I had around 50 grafts put in on my right side. I am now able to go 0.5mm all over.

As for FUE, you cannot go 0 guard, it will look like little holes on your head.

0.5-1mm coverage is needed

Cue Bald

Experienced Member
Reaction score
yeah FUE is not "scarless" despite what people might say.
but i have seen great FUE results where even shaved slick bald, you can't see the FUE scars even on a great quality photo (granted real life might be different at certain angles).
that FUE picture the guy got butchered by a too large punch size.

i think the point in FUE is that grown out it looks much better, as if you grow it out a small amount the dots are disguised. whereas with a linear scar you can clearly see it as it is all joined up.

i would never advise anyone to get a hair transplant if they want to shave slick bald. I would say "what's the point in getting the hair transplant?" - now we have SMP for people like that

Saulus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
yeah FUE is not "scarless" despite what people might say.
but i have seen great FUE results where even shaved slick bald, you can't see the FUE scars even on a great quality photo (granted real life might be different at certain angles).
that FUE picture the guy got butchered by a too large punch size.

i think the point in FUE is that grown out it looks much better, as if you grow it out a small amount the dots are disguised. whereas with a linear scar you can clearly see it as it is all joined up.

i would never advise anyone to get a hair transplant if they want to shave slick bald. I would say "what's the point in getting the hair transplant?" - now we have SMP for people like that

The think is..what if i get a transplant and keep balding despite taking finasteride or i get sides and have to quit

Not planning to grow a horseshoe out but not slick bald either

Just buzzing it..you think thats possible if you combine it with smp

Cue Bald

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I still think in most cases SMP'd FUE is much easier to disguise than the stip scar.
in that terrible FUE picture above, the work was so poorly done it is as if the surgeon actually made 7 - 8 strip scars look how close the punches are to each other.

also the scars lose pigment, so i guess if you have a very pale skin it would fit in better. i wonder if tattooing them with scalp pigment would work, if you could actually do such a thing ?