Is It Male Pattern Baldness Or Diffused Thinning. I Am 28 Years Old Now

Rakesh940

My Regimen
Reaction score
Rakesh,

It looks like there may be some mild crown thinning. We cannot really say if it is a progressive thinning that requires treatment but it may be good to use topical Minoxidil for 6 months and then reevaluate. The temples look okay, depending on how they were before. Especially if you have male pattern baldness in your family, you never want to completely ignore thinning.
Thank you man for your advice..

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
Some of you guys really need to lay off Rajesh. Hairloss is progressive, so even if it doesn’t look too bad now, without help he’ll eventually be fucked.

Rakesh, the normal first course of action for a man with pattern hairloss is finasteride at 1.25mg daily and topical 5% minoxidil. I would first try finasteride and see if that works for you. If not, you can try adding some other things.

Alex Contee

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I hate to bump this because it is the wrong sub but go to a dermatologist. Your "hair loss" could be the start of miniaturization or you could just have a decent cowlick. A dermatologist can check for miniaturization. Do this ASAP regardless, but especially if any of your grandparents have/had male pattern baldness.

Rakesh940

My Regimen
Reaction score
Some of you guys really need to lay off Rajesh. Hairloss is progressive, so even if it doesn’t look too bad now, without help he’ll eventually be fucked.

Rakesh, the normal first course of action for a man with pattern hairloss is finasteride at 1.25mg daily and topical 5% minoxidil. I would first try finasteride and see if that works for you. If not, you can try adding some other things.
Recently I have fixed an appointment with a dermatologiest. At first look, he said that spot was visible due to my side swept hairstyle. But I insisted for further testing. So he fixed an appointment next week.
Let's see what happens..

Rakesh940

My Regimen
Reaction score
I hate to bump this because it is the wrong sub but go to a dermatologist. Your "hair loss" could be the start of miniaturization or you could just have a decent cowlick. A dermatologist can check for miniaturization. Do this ASAP regardless, but especially if any of your grandparents have/had male pattern baldness.
Sorry, but I am new here.Anyways I will tell the dermatologist for miniaturisation test . No one in my family is bald except my uncle. Do you think hard water is the culprit for my hair situation, because last year I shifted to a new place where water is extremely hard. Initially I did not pay attention to it. But recently I noticed that I lose about 30-50 hair strands under showers.

Alex Contee

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Sorry, but I am new here.Anyways I will tell the dermatologist for miniaturisation test . No one in my family is bald except my uncle. Do you think hard water is the culprit for my hair situation, because last year I shifted to a new place where water is extremely hard. Initially I did not pay attention to it. But recently I noticed that I lose about 30-50 hair strands under showers.
The first stage of coping with male pattern baldness is to think random stuff is causing it. Hard water, stress, diet, etc. If you are indeed miniturizing, it is due to genetics. Stop theorizing and go find out before you drive yourself nuts.

Rakesh940

My Regimen
Reaction score
The first stage of coping with male pattern baldness is to think random stuff is causing it. Hard water, stress, diet, etc. If you are indeed miniturizing, it is due to genetics. Stop theorizing and go find out before you drive yourself nuts.
Most certainly sir. Hopefully next week I will get my answer. I appreciate your suggestions.

Japnicks India

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
rakesh to my honest review i feel you’re balding from your pictures. Those who say that you’re prefect & what not, it may give you some satisfaction. But being in any kind of denial will only worsten the situation, and even if you know there isn’t much you can honestly do as of now.

Maybe its telogen effuvium as you’ve stated 30-40 hair strands, or maybe its the beginning of the curse. Get yourself checked thoroughly & use mineral water if you blame hard water. Extra money on water is far better than finasteride or min.

Rakesh940

My Regimen
Reaction score
rakesh to my honest review i feel you’re balding from your pictures. Those who say that you’re prefect & what not, it may give you some satisfaction. But being in any kind of denial will only worsten the situation, and even if you know there isn’t much you can honestly do as of now.

Maybe its telogen effuvium as you’ve stated 30-40 hair strands, or maybe its the beginning of the curse. Get yourself checked thoroughly & use mineral water if you blame hard water. Extra money on water is far better than finasteride or min.
Yes sir, I can certainly use mineral water. Appreciate your advice.

Pickemslick

My Regimen
Reaction score
I used to keep long hair. Recently I underwent a haircut. My hair length is now less than 1 inch now. After that I see my scalp in my crown area. Can anyone explain me what is this
There’s definitely some thinning beginning up top. Go grab some minoxidil and you should be good. Don’t be alarmed if there’s some more shedding at first. That’s part of the process

disfiguredyoungman

My Regimen
Reaction score
Diffuse thinning is a standard pattern of male pattern baldness, kiddo. You seem to be balding, but it is manageable easily, would kill for your hair.
Btw wrong board

Rakesh940

My Regimen
Reaction score
Got myself checked. The Dr. told me that there is no miniaturisation and advised me to correct my diet (yeah, i eat fast food everyday). He told me not to cut my hair (current length less than 1inch) and meet him after 3 months for further checking.