Is it male pattern baldness I have? Hairs comingnout are bad quality

steve89

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

When you lose hair from male pattern baldness, do the hairs that fall out usually be of poor quality compared to the hairs staying on your head. The hairs that fall out at the moment are really poor quality, dry, frizzy and kinked. When losing hair through male pattern baldness are the hairs dead or something? Or am I losing hair through something else?

zzzzz

My Regimen
Reaction score
they will have white bulbs at the end (but this does not mean male pattern baldness) and you may be shedding miniaturized hairs that are thinner and shorter then the rest, which is a sign of male pattern baldness. Kinky/dry/frizzy is not a sign of male pattern baldness

steve89

Reaction score
they will have white bulbs at the end (but this does not mean male pattern baldness) and you may be shedding miniaturized hairs that are thinner and shorter then the rest, which is a sign of male pattern baldness. Kinky/dry/frizzy is not a sign of male pattern baldness

Hmmmmm this has really thrown me now mate. The majority of the hairs that are coming out are frizzy/kinked. My hairs growing well too. Ahhhhhhh so frustrating. When i wake up in the morning, you should see it, ill upload some pictures now

- - - Updated - - -

Hmmmmm this has really thrown me now mate. The majority of the hairs that are coming out are frizzy/kinked. My hairs growing well too. Ahhhhhhh so frustrating. When i wake up in the morning, you should see it, ill upload some pictures now

A few pictures, look how frizzy, boffy, all over the show my hair is.

photo 1.jpgphoto 2.jpg

Agustin Araujo

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think you just have dry fine hair. I don't see any hair loss. You also posted that your hair's growing well, so it seems there shouldn't be a problem. There's different reasons why you could be losing hair, male pattern baldness could be one of them but I don't see any signs of it. Like zzzzz posted, if you're shedding miniaturized hairs that are thinner and shorter than the rest, it's a sign of male pattern baldness. Having really poor quality, dry, frizzy, and kinked hair is not a sign of male pattern baldness.

steve89

Reaction score
I think you just have dry fine hair. I don't see any hair loss. You also posted that your hair's growing well, so it seems there shouldn't be a problem. There's different reasons why you could be losing hair, male pattern baldness could be one of them but I don't see any signs of it. Like zzzzz posted, if you're shedding miniaturized hairs that are thinner and shorter than the rest, it's a sign of male pattern baldness. Having really poor quality, dry, frizzy, and kinked hair is not a sign of male pattern baldness.

Many thanks for your reply. What would you suggest i did? In the shower when i shampoo my hair, always have a good amount of hairs on my hand, there not short though, they are full length?

I did try finasteride in the summer, and it did seem to stop it a bit