Is it just me or do haircuts suck?

G

I hate going to haircuts. I always have some1 cutting my hair who has to tell me that its not wise to use that number cliper on me because I have very "fine" hair and my hair will look shorter. I hate being forced to sit in the light infront of the mirror where I can see my receding hair line and some very week thin hairs covering over my scalp. And I dont know why but my hair today looked so dead and lifeless when I got it cut I went through a small depression after my haircut. Luckly i sucked it up a couple hours ago and combed my hair correctly and it looks alot better but i can still see my scalp at my temples and it sucks!

Although, My regimen which I just started seems to be doing good so far. Im just happy I have no side effects on Minoxidilli like some of you guys *cough* bombscience and i have a good chance of being at least a responder. But i am getting kinda worried I am a week and a half into my treatment and Im not shedding at all. Im wondering if its gunna work but its to early to tell.

Axon

Reaction score
Yeah, I used to hate getting hair cuts as well...but once I started recovering a bit, I stopped worrying as much.

G

Yea, I mean im not expecting to have the perfect hairline. I just wish I can have a little regrowth so when I look in the light it doesnt look like my scalp is so bright. Then it wouldnt be a problem :rockon:

Lizzad

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I used to hate getting hair cuts as well...but once I started recovering a bit, I stopped worrying as much.

My sentiments exactly, i don't mind haircuts now, infact, my hair always looks at its best a few days after a trip to the barbers!

CurlyFries

Reaction score
I know I am a newbie - so not sure how much credence I will recive, but my two cents:

I have gone to the inexpensive super cuts-type places to save money and I have also splurged for the $25 stylist haircut. I can honestly say I see a difference. It may be subtle, but when I splurge for the stylist, I notice there are more nuances that they address - a little more layering, a little more refined cutting process. The end result is a slightly more attractive hairline and slightly boosted confidence. For what we spend on topicals and meds, it seems like you might consider next time, just trying a stylist and see if it comes out any better for you than with a clipper. Good luck and kind wishes.

G

Yea, about a year ago when I had the perfect hairline I went to a salon for haircuts. I had this guy name donald cut my hair each time for a month and he was a perfectionist and he did a great job. But honest, I go to this place called Great clips now and most of the time I really cant tell the difference. Sometimes they will give me a really good haircut at greatclips even better then when donald cut my hair. Its like 25 bucks cheaper 2 lol

X190

Established Member
Reaction score
If it's worth any encouragement to you guys, I have a similar experience to share, but one that turned successful at the end. Like YoungGuy, I too had the same problem when I first started receding temples & hairline. I would go through hell after every haircut because I would see the thinning and receding areas allot more noticeably than when I used to let my hair grow out longer.

This has all changed with time, as Rogaine 5% did it's job and strengthened each individual strand, giving a more fuller appearance. Now I am proud to admit that my hair is taking great shape, and is slowly but surely looking better after every haircut I get. I am so confident about my density right now, that I won't be afraid to shave it down to a #0 all over if I had to.

However, I am on an afro-growing campaign now, and I am starting to let it grow out. I think one of you mentioned that I had thick hair because of my Hispanic nature, and you were right. I am not Puerto Rican or Dominican. I am Cuban-American, and my hair does tend to be thicker than most Anglos but that is irrelevant to hair-loss. If you're losing it, you are losing it regardless.

Thick hair only helps cover baldness better when at a longer length, and does not mean that you are less prone to male pattern baldness as a thin hair person would be for instance. In my case, I believe to have fully regrown as much hair as I could, and am in a maintenance stage only for the time being, as my hair continues to grow out. I will get periodic trims and tapes to keep the edges clean, but will continue to grow it and post pics. Stay tuned guys!

X