Is it hyper-andor loss or early shedding?

HH

Reaction score
Hey people!
I'm the chinese age 24 want to ask you again.
I have disfuse thinning in the front, and a balding area is forming on my back.
I want to list some facts to you and let you help me to judge something:
Fact 1: I think my scalp became oilier SOON after taking propecia. My scalp use to be dry.
Fact 2: I guess my hair on my hand back grew a bit during the 4.5 months taking propecia.
Fact 3: My libido droped a bit, and once had sensitive breast now went away, maybe because of taking soy-milk.
Fact 4: I believe I entered a higher speed of shedding after 1 week taking propecia.
Fact 5: I'm still constantly shedding 110+ hairs every time I wash my hair in a basin, and I wash hair every 3/4 days. Almost *constant* shedding speed during the 4.5 months on propecia. never change.
Fact 6: My overall thickness worsened during the 4.5 months.
Fact 7: I now shed small hair (0.5-1 inch) as well as terminal hair. the rate is around 2:1.

I'm suspecting if I'm experensing hyer-andro caused hair-loss rather than the early out-of-domecis shedding, which usually stop in 4 months.

And I think if the hyper-andro caused hair-loss is ture, I should stop taking the propecia ASAP and use minoxidil.

Please give me some advise. I know there is no sure answer, but please tell me if you have any suspection. I really have no direction now and I really need to hear your thoughts!

Thank you!

Reaction score
Hi Jiangwen,

I don't know if this will help you but this is my experience. I think I am in the same boat as you. I am half chinese/half caucasian age 26. My hair has been difusing since age 21. The only area that looks really bad is the frontal area. The last 2 years my hairline has moved back quite drastically.

I also used to lose 100+ hairs a day, and after taking propecia it seemed my hairloss continued on as normal...

Be careful if you stop propecia it may make the hair fall-out even worse.I once stopped taking propecia and after being off it for 4 months my hair started falling out like crazy 150+ a day. So I had to get back on propecia. Been on it for 5 months since then, and shedding at around 80 a day but I can still pull hair out of my scalp extremely easy.

I also tried taking minoxidil and this was my experience with the product:
at first peach fuzz appeared in the areas I was using it and I was exicited thinking it would fill in my hair. 4 months later my hair is actually worse in the areas I have applied rogain then when I started (I have been taking pics every 2 weeks). I also only use rogain on my frontal hairline.

I know this sounds bleak, maybe laser hair regrowth is something you could try...

I have already spent thousands on my hair, be it wierd clinics that apply oils to my head or new products, but still my hairloss continues.
I am going in to see a hair transplant surgeon next week, if he saids I am a lost cause I am going to shave my head.