Is It Game Over For My Crown? 7words

Meeee199

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Decided to take crown pictures and I feel sick. Is it too late for finasteride if I start after 2 months? I gained weight like an idiot in the christmas and new year period and I want to lose weight before I start finasteride. Do you think 2-3 months of delaying finasteride will significantly destroy my hair? I am diffuse thinner too so probably whole scalp is miniaturized :( :(

***The 4th picture is heartbreaking, sorry about the dandruff. Last picture is how it looks when not directly under the light

Last edited:

recedingornot87

My Regimen
Reaction score
how old are you and what is your families history of hairloss?

recedingornot87

My Regimen
Reaction score
Dad had diffuse hairloss and was bald at 45.
Older brother(32) is NW1

I think your hair is very good for a 27 year old and your family history is good too. If I were you id just start rogaine for the crown. Lots of people have success on the crown from rogaine. The rest of your hair seems very thick still. Do you shed a lot of hairs in the shower and during the day?

Meeee199

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Here is my crown pictures back in November
At that point I was told by that this is a normal crown. Not sure if it got worst as I don't have close up pictures similar to picture 4 in the thread which is destroying me.

Last edited:

Meeee199

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think your hair is very good for a 27 year old and your family history is good too. If I were you id just start rogaine for the crown. Lots of people have success on the crown from rogaine. The rest of your hair seems very thick still. Do you shed a lot of hairs in the shower and during the day?

I have hairline thinning but I comb all my hair forward so it appears as if I am NW1

Here is a picture of my exposed hairline under harsh light

https://ibb.co/pndyvmP

I do shed about 40-50 hairs in the shower.

I want to start finasteride after 2-3 months. Do you think hair can get significantly get destroyed within this period? Or should I hop on finasteride ASAP in spite of being overweight and risking getting high estrogen?

recedingornot87

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have hairline thinning but I comb all my hair forward so it appears as if I am NW1

Here is a picture of my exposed hairline under harsh light

https://ibb.co/pndyvmP

I do shed about 40-50 hairs in the shower.

I want to start finasteride after 2-3 months. Do you think hair can get significantly get destroyed within this period? Or should I hop on finasteride ASAP in spite of being overweight and risking getting high estrogen?

Not significantly destroyed but it def is possible to lose some density in that time. For me when my loss first started 2 months made a big difference that I couldnt recover from but I was shedding over 300 per day in the shower. But in your case its not as fast so just get on it as soon as you can.

When I got on finasteride I was overweight but dropped 30lbs while I was on it. Maybe also consdering taking a zinc supplement since it can potentially act as a aromatase inhibitor.

Meeee199

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Not significantly destroyed but it def is possible to lose some density in that time. For me when my loss first started 2 months made a big difference that I couldnt recover from but I was shedding over 300 per day in the shower. But in your case its not as fast so just get on it as soon as you can.

When I got on finasteride I was overweight but dropped 30lbs while I was on it. Maybe also consdering taking a zinc supplement since it can potentially act as a aromatase inhibitor.

Any sides while you were overweight?

DanielinDeniel

My Regimen
Reaction score
looking at the age and family history, I would say your hair are in good condition so delaying finasteride 2-3 months will not have significant impact, but you have to ultimately start it because you may eventually lose much more ground.

Meeee199

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
looking at the age and family history, I would say your hair are in good condition so delaying finasteride 2-3 months will not have significant impact, but you have to ultimately start it because you may eventually lose much more ground.

Hope so. Please hair hang on for couple of months :(